Chapter 2

Katherine's POV

Hayes. That was his name. Hayes Grier. He was on my mind constantly and even if I tried I couldn't get him off my mind. His bright blue eyes, his shaggy brown hair, his sweet yet charming personality. That was pretty much what was playing in my head while I was walking home. Wait.. home. My dad. I had such a good day and now I have to face the raging bastard on the other side of the door. I was walking up my steps and I felt as if my heart was beating out of my chest. Slowly the door creaked open and all that welcomed me was the aroma of whiskey and cigarettes. Joy. Luckily, I made it to my room without being tortured by him. I got my spandex, loose t-shirt, and underwear to go take a shower. Letting the warm water run over my body was the best feeling. After my shower I went to my room to find my drunk and delusional "dad" waiting on my bed with a knife and rubbing alcohol. Before I could do anything he pinned me to the door. "Where have you been all day?" he whispered seductively in my ear. "Get off of me!" I yelled as loud as I could in his ear trying to make a run for it out the door as quickly as I could. Unsuccessful. He pinned me down and started cutting my stomach with a blade and poured alcohol on it. I screamed expressing the pain he was putting me through. Reluctantly, I jumped up and ran out of my front door. My stomach was slowly bleeding as I ran down my street without even knowing where I was going due to the tears in my eyes and streaming down my face. I couldn't take it anymore. I collapsed on the sidewalk knowing I wasn't gonna make it much further. My eyes were beginning go to close, but then I heard someone shout my name.

"Katherine! Katherine!!"

I knew that voice. The sweet and charming voice of Hayes Grier.
Before I knew it I was being lifted off the ground bridal style. Then I slowly started to fall asleep.

1 hour later

I was awoken by quiet sobs to the left. I lifted my head and realized I was in someone's bed. To my left was Hayes with his head in hands. "Hayes?" I asked quietly because my head hurt pretty bad. Before a second passed he shot his head up from his hands.
"Katherine! Oh thank god you're ok!" He said as the worry slowly left his face and turned into joy. Wow. For the first time in a while I felt like I made someone happy just by being around them. I felt good. I felt wanted. "Hayes." I said with tears streaming down my face. "I'm so sorry Katherine." he said as he hugged me tighter. "Why?" I said pulling away. He put his hand on my stomach and slowly lifted my shirt just enough to see my lower stomach. I was amazed by how it looked. 3 deep cuts along my abdomen. Wow.
"Oh my god.." I said with more tears welling up in my eyes. "Don't cry beautiful" he said gently as he kissed each of the cuts on my stomach with pure sorrow.
"They don't take away from your beauty at all. You're perfect in every way of the eye." he said as he caressed my cheek. He started to lean in, but I couldn't. I've been hurt too many times and I don't wanna be hurt again. I wish I could but it's not that easy anymore.

_____________
Chapter 2 everyone ! And
s/o to my friend mary ! marywillis17 She's in the process of making a 5SOS book so go check that out!
And I'll be in Florida for a about a week, but I'll try my best to update ! ❤️

Don't forget to vote and comment and if you have any suggestions or want to be in the story further down the line then message me on my profile !

Bye love y'all ! 💋