Chapter VIII: Noah

Today, my classes finished early which gives some free time. Instead of heading straight home, I decide to make a detour and spend a productive afternoon at the library. I have a project to work on. I believe that I am more focused and efficient in the library environment.

Once I reach my destination, I scan my student ID and enter the library's hall. As I make my first steps, I can't help but notice her. I can recognize that light brown hair of hers wherever I go. A blond girl is sitting across from her. I remember her. That's her friend that I saw her dancing with at my party last weekend. I realise that it had been a week since that party. Time really does fly.

There are a ton of papers and about five or six books in front of them. Medical studies are tough and so demanding.

Since high school, Hizya had been passionate about becoming a doctor, and I really admire her determination. From the moment I knew her, she wouldn't stop talking about medical studies. She planned her whole life to become a doctor. I am truly so happy that she is going finally to fulfill her dream. She worked so hard to get here.

As rush of pride rushes through my veins. I am pretty sure that one day she will make a great doctor.

I approach them quietly, standing behind Hizya. She is too focused in her work to notice me. But her friend looks up and sees me. When Hizya turns to look at me, she seems surprised.

Why is she that surprised to see me? After all, we attend the same college. So, it is expected to see each other frequently. Does my presence bother her or something?

God. What did I do to this girl?

With a simple "Hey," I greet them. Hizya responds with a brief "Hi,". Her friend doesn't say anything. She just offers me a simple smile.
I scan all the BU. It seems pretty full of students. So, I ask the girls: "If it doesn't bother you, can I sit with you girls?".
The blonde one doesn't say anything again. She just keeps looking at Hizya. It is like she is waiting for Hizya to make a decision.

Isn't this weird?

When Hizya nods indicating for me her approval. I lift a chair and take a seat. I realise that I don't know that Blonde girl. So, I decide to introduce myself.
"We don't know each other. Don't we?" I say.

"No. I don't think so." She replies.

I extend my hand and say: "Its Noah Hansley, computer science major."

In return she shakes my hand: "Diana Perez, medical student."

I add: "I hope that I am not disturbing you study session or bothering you. I promise that I will be quiet."
I put on my headphone and turn on my laptop. I am developping a video game. It is a project that I've been working on for quiet some time now.

From time to time, I steal few glances towards Hizya. She looks so cute while studying. Today, she is wearing reading glassing. Shit. Those reading glasses. How can someone be that sexy while wearing stuff like this?

I notice how well she and Diana collaborate on their medical studies, supporting each other through the challenges. It is good to have someone by your side to help you when you don't understand something.

However, something seems off about Hizya's behavior. She acted strangely at the party as well as during our recent encounter at the administration office. I feel like she is hiding something from me, something that is bothering her. I am determined to discover it.

Once I finish programming after almost an hour, I lift my head to find the girls gathering their stuffs. It seems like they are leaving.
"Do you want me to take you home? There is really no problem at all." I ask.