"Tell me, what gives you the right to call yourself that now? When you used to smack me for calling you that as a child and then left like I meant nothing, huh?" he hissed, taking a step closer every time she stepped backward. It was like their positions had completely switched. "I have had a pretty awful few days and you are quite honestly the last person I want in my office right now and Shin Wonho is standing right there. So let's stick to Mr. Chae, and... Ms. Whatever you call yourself now." he spat, one hand tightening into a tight fist, nails digging into the flesh of his palm.

He wouldn't have hit her, really, he wasn't that pathetic, but a hand still grabbed onto his upper arm and quickly pulled him backward. Hyungwon briefly glanced to his side, meeting Wonho's gaze before rolling his eyes. "You. Stay out of this." He hissed, ripping his arm free only to have it grabbed again only tighter.

Wonho easily pulled him a bit to the side, dragging him down to his eye level. He then pushed a finger into Hyungwon's forehead and shook his head like a disapproving parent. "Terrorizing her won't make you feel better, Chae. Get it together." The older narrowed his eyes only for Hyungwon to poke a finger into his chest in return. 

He couldn't help but smirk smugly when the older hissed at his nail digging into his skin through the fabric of his shirt. "Just because you pinned me against a desk once today doesn't mean you can command me around all of for sudden, Mister." Hyungwon shot back in a harsh whisper, standing up to his full height again and clearing his throat.

Hyungwon swore that he could hear "I'll make it a second time if you continue like this" or something along the same lines from behind him as he moved away from the older. Hyungwon, though, decided to bite his tongue and ignore it because the last thing he wanted to scream about with Wonho was whatever had happened in the viewing room. Especially in front of his Mother and Jooheon.

"It's Mrs. Kim." She started again, now that the attention was back on her instead of the bickering pair. "And what do you mean your office? Where's your father?" She then added, making the young leader actually face her, now furrowing his brows from confusion. "What do you mean where's my father?" he asked, leaving out the words "you", "fucking" and "idiot" just to be nice for once.

"What rock have you been living under? He's dead and has been for what? Seven years now?" he spat then when she didn't respond, licking his lips and taking in a deep breath. Deep breaths. He'd need a good drink after this. "What?" His sad excuse for a mother whispered, sounding genuinely surprised.

"Wait... You actually didn't know?" Wonho piped up, making the younger leader close his eyes for a few seconds in order to calm himself enough to not rip off Shin's head. This should have been a conversation he had alone. "No? I have been living in hiding pretty much since I left in fear of him sending someone after me. Like hell if I wanted to read news about all this." She spat, now more harshly, crossing her arms in a defensive manner.

"So why now? Why bother crawling back if you hate all this so much? Please, do enlighten me." Hyungwon scoffed, trying to read Mrs. Kim to the best of his capabilities. She looked fragile and like she hadn't slept for a while, at least from what he could tell. "Also, congrats on the new marriage, I assume. Was he unfortunate enough also reproduce with you, too?"

He knew he'd hit a sore spot when the woman suddenly brought a hand to her mouth, muffling a small cry. He'd never seen her cry before, not even when he was injured. If anything Hyungwon would say she'd looked even more disappointed when he wasn't shot in the head. Hyungwon's jaw tightened a little bit as he walked back to his desk, sitting back down on it arms still crossed.