Fictional

"Please, I can explain."

"What's there left to explain?"

"It's not what it looks like-"

"Please" I held my hand. "It's over. Thanks for showing me the truth."

I left the flat, eyes filled with hot tears. I can't believe he cheated on me with my best friend. I feel extremely disgusted and betrayed, without realising I found myself sitting inside a random train to London.

All I wish was to get out of this place, to escape the memories, The pain.

All my life, I've been the second option or the third wheel. Whenever I think I can give love a chance it just ends with a slap on the tits.

I will never go back.

................................................................

It's been almost a year since I've moved to London. I work at a small bookstore. It's peaceful. My job is to stack up the books and take care of the back office.

It may sound boring but I find it fun. I get to read amazing books. Getting lost in a world where I am loved back.

It's a bright morning, still early for business. I just flipped the sign to "open" and went on with my business of cleaning up the shelves, when I heard a jingle of the door opening.

"Welcome to Lavender bookstore. How can I hel-"

My gaze got stuck on a set of warm brown eyes, he's got long eyelashes. His eyes sparkled under the sunlight. It felt so foreign.

"I..I.. How can I help you, sir?" The last bit came out in a high pitch.

"I'm looking for these books." Handing me the list.

"I have to check. Give me a moment, sir."

"Lockwood's fine."

Lockwood sounds great. Hot infact. He's gorgeous. Don't fall for him, don't fall for him. Be careful love He might be your next heartbreak.

I came back with the books and made the bill. "That would be twelve pounds, Lockwood."

"Here you go. Thank you, ms?" He asked.

"Y/n y/l/n." I beamed.

"Nice to meet you y/n. I'm Anthony Lockwood from Lockwood and Co. I'll see you around." He handed me his card and left the store.

Guess I got a new crush.

................................................................

This is the third time I run into Lockwood. Is it a mere coincidence or is this fate?

Better not get my hopes high as per my record I have bad luck in love.

I Remember the time when I had a crush on this guy back in highschool, the one I mustered up the courage to confess but he made fun of me in front of the whole school.

I also remember that time when a guy in University, I fancied so much, came with a bouquet in our dorm, I thought it was for me and he's gonna ask me out but he turned to ask my roommate instead.

"Um..y/n, are you okay?" Lockwood's voice echoed into my head.

"Sorry. What were you saying?"

"So when did you come to London?" He said while looking at me intently.

"A year ago. So what's your talent?" I changed the subject.

"Sight's my thing. How about you?"

"I don't have one. You're lucky." I pout.