CHAPTER 4 - GOTTA BE YOU

Începe de la început

Oh my gosh, I was trying to hold my anger back and not scream at him. It's lucky for him that we're at the library, because if not, I would totally have a full-blown wrath against him.

Thompson let out one of his famous smirk. Damn it, I wanted to wipe that smirk off his face! "You mean like a burning passion?" He wiggled his brows at me playfully.

I gasped and furrowed my brows in absolute disgust. "Eww! You make me sick!"

"Love sick?" He supplied.

Oh this is freakin' useless!

I shook my head and scrunched my nose, appalled.

"This conversation isn't going anywhere. Let's cut this crap off," I said. Quite frankly, I just gave up. Once Tommo opened his mouth, there's no way you could stop him, not until he claims victory.

And as much as I hate losing, I just felt that this wasn't one of those times I had to try to win. I still have homework to complete here.

"Why, why, Watty? We're having a lovely conversation here." He said with a smug look. I raised my eyebrows at him. "I'm the lovely, you're the conversation."

And what's that supposed to mean? Sometimes I wonder why this guy was one of the smartest in his batch. Clearly he has a twisted way of thinking.

I rolled my eyes again. I grabbed my pen and resumed writing. I tried to focus on my work and not pay attention to his antics. I wanted to get my work done and move on with my day. I hoped he would get bored soon and decides to annoy someone else.

"That's it? No more smart comebacks from the smartest bookworm?"

Ignore him, Emma. He'll eventually get tired.

While I was scribbling, Tommo grabbed my pen.

I closed my eyes and took deep calming breaths.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Focus Emma. That's what he wants. He wanted you to yell at him and embarrass yourself to the librarian so you'd get thrown out again. It's the same as before, right?

Yes. I wouldn't give him that satisfaction again. No way. Not again.

So with that, I held my chin high and met his gaze. What I saw literally made my heart skip a beat.

Both of his elbows were on the table, his chin resting on the palm of his hands. He's smiling at me, like he's really smiling at me with his eyes! His eyes were fixed on me.

Why do I think he's cute?

I felt my cheeks warm as I looked away, not wanting him to catch me blushing. I nervously bit my lip, trying to contain my smile.

EWW! What was that?

Devils are not cute!

I shook my head and looked up at him again with a determined look on my face. "You know what, Tommo. I don't get you. If you hate me, why are you wasting your oh-so precious time with a boring bookworm like me?"

Tomlinson raised his brow in question. "I never said I hated you, Watty. Get your facts straight."

I scoffed and folded my arms to my chest. "Yeah right. You don't hate me, but you don't like me?"

To my utter surprise, he stood up and bent forward, forcing me to pull away from him. But he kept leaning in my direction and made my face just inches from his. My breath caught up in my throat and suddenly it was difficult to breathe.