The Day Love Dies

The next morning, Scratch woke up from his dollhouse, thinking back to what the Ghost Council ordered him to do. He knew that he should keep Molly and Libby separated from each other in order to stay out of the Flow of Failed Phantoms, but he didn't know if he could go through with it.

As Scratch tried to think of a way out of this, Molly woke up shortly afterwards. She didn't get too much sleep, not just because of the late night last night, but also because of her thoughts of Libby.

"Scratch? Can I talk to you about something?" Molly asked.

"Um, sure. What is it, Moll?" Scratch asked, having a good idea of what Molly wanted to talk about.

"I've been thinking about this for awhile, and after everything Libby and I have been through together, I think it's finally time I confessed my love for her." Molly admitted.

Scratch was afraid that Molly would say something like that. He desperately tried to think of a way to prevent this from happening.

"You know, that might not be such a good idea." said Scratch.

Molly soon raised a confused eyebrow at what he just said. "Huh? What do you mean?"

"Look, all I'm saying is that it is for the best that we don't have any expectations here! Libby might not be good for you after all! Maybe you should just forget about being in a relationship with Libby and go out with some cute boy instead!" Scratch suggested.

At that moment, Molly stared at Scratch, as if he just said the dumbest suggestion ever.

"Scratch, you know that I am a lesbian!" Molly pointed out.

With that, Scratch dropped his fake smile as he couldn't pretend anymore. "Oh, who am I kidding? I can't do this!"

It was at that point when Molly realized that something was wrong. There was no way that Scratch would want her to forget about Libby. Especially since he was starting to warm up to the idea of her and Libby becoming a couple.

"Scratch what's wrong?" Molly asked, now realizing that something is not right.

With a sigh, Scratch replied, "It's the Ghost Council! They just found out about your crush on Libby and want me to make sure that you two are separated.

Hearing this caused Molly to get worried for her ghost friend. She had a feeling that she unknowingly got Scratch in trouble with the Ghost Council.

"Are you going to be okay?" Molly asked, worried with what might happen to Scratch.

Truthfully, Scratch didn't want Molly to worry. Molly and Libby have come too far to not be a couple, so he knew what he had to do.

"Listen, don't worry about it! Everything is going to be fine!" Scratch promised. "Why don't you call Libby and tell you how you feel, like you wanted?"

"Are you sure?" Molly wanted to be sure that Scratch was okay with it before he gave a reassuring nod.

With a smile, Molly grabbed her phone before she dialed Libby's phone number. A few moments had passed before Libby's voice can be heard on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Libby! I know that we just watched the comet together last night, but I have something important I want to tell you! It's something that I've been wanting to tell you for a long time." Molly admitted with a blush.

"Actually, Molly. There's something that I've been wanting to tell you for awhile too." Libby explained. "Do you think we can have a picnic at the park before we say what we want to tell each other?"