A Spooky Halloween Night

Chapter 11

A Spooky Halloween Night

It is Halloween night in Brighton, and everyone was getting ready to go trick or treating. As they got ready to leave, Molly and Libby were hanging out in Molly's attic with Scratch as they already had their costumes on.

Molly was dressed as a supreme court judge with blue robes and a white powdered wig. As for Libby, she wore a pumpkin costume that had the carving of eyes, a nose, and a smile on it.

"Your pumpkin costume looks great, Libby!" Molly commented, admiring her best friend's costume.

"Thanks, Molly! I was originally going to wear a much bigger pumpkin costume this year, but my mom thought it wasn't a good idea because of all the times I stumbled and tripped in the costume." Libby explained. "It was probably for the best. Using a real pumpkin probably wasn't the best idea! It was so gooey in there!"

Hearing this caused Scratch to laugh. "Oh man! I wish I could have been there to see you make a fool of yourself!" Scratch mocked, causing Libby to glare at him. "While you two are spending the night together, I'm going to be heading to a Halloween party in the ghost world! I just need to wait for Geoff. He should be here any minute."

That was when a portal appeared out of nowhere, startling Libby. Out through the portal came Geoff, along with a buff looking ghost.

"Happy Halloween everyone!" Geoff cheerfully greeted his friends.

"Happy Halloween, Geoff!" Molly greeted before she decided to introduce him to Libby. "Libby, this is Geoff! Scratch's best friend from the ghost world.

Upon taking a closer look at Geoff, Libby squinted her eyes. She could have sworn she had seen him before.

"Hey, you look weirdly familiar! Have we met before?" Libby asked.

Suddenly, Molly let out a gasp when she remembered the moment Libby and Geoff actually met.

"Oh, right. Geoff accidentally scared you on the night we took on Howlin' Harriet, causing yourself to knock yourself unconscious on the tree." An awkward silence filled the room, so Molly decided to break the silence when she took one glance at the buff ghost and asked, "Oh, hey! Who are you?"

Geoff then floated over to the ghost and said, "Molly, I would like you to meet my partner, Jeff, spelled with a J!"

"It's nice to meet you, Molly!" The ghost named, Jeff floated over to Molly before shaking her hand. "Geoff has told me a lot about you!"

Seeing this ghost surprised Scratch. He couldn't believe that he has been Geoff's friend for so long, but had no idea that he had a partner.

"Wait, you have a husband?" Scratch asked, surprised. "When did that happen?"

"Jeff and I have been together for 100 years! I tried to tell you, but you didn't seem interested." Geoff explained.

"Uh, I'm pretty sure I would have remembered you telling something like that. Anyway, I'll see you later, Moll. Hope no one laughs at you being with Libby in her weird pumpkin costume!" Scratch teased Libby behind her back.

Molly glared at Scratch. "Hey, Libby looks cute in her pumpkin costume."

Unfortunately for Molly, she wasn't quiet enough and Libby overheard what she said.

"Wait, you think I look cute?" Libby asked with a blush.

Molly's face soon turned red as well as she realized that Libby just heard her.

"Uh, I guess you are a little cute." Molly admitted before awkwardly turned away from Libby.

Upon seeing how awkward Molly and Libby felt around each other, both Geoff and Jeff shared a couple of amused smiles. They had both been together long enough to know exactly what Molly and Libby are thinking.