A Feast For Ghosts

Chapter 13

A Feast For Ghosts

A couple of months had passed since Hannukah. Ever since that night, Molly constantly thought about how Libby said she loved her. It made Molly wonder if she should tell Libby how she felt.

Unfortunately, Molly didn't have time to think about it too much as her grandma, Nin came over to her house while her parents were going on a vacation together. While her parents were away, Molly and the rest of her family were getting ready to celebrate Sart Duan Sib, a Thai holiday where they honor their ancestors by offering them food. That was a holiday that Scratch looked forward to every year. Every year, he would eat as much food as possible, much to Molly's amusement.

The holiday got even better for Molly when her grandma let her invite Libby over to the house for the day. Libby had just finished her preparations, and since she had some extra time to spare, she decided to write down a story in a book. As she wrote her story, Libby had the strange feeling that she wasn't alone. Before long, Libby turned around and was startled by a certain ghost.

"Boo!"

"Aaah!" Libby was startled off her seat as she fell to the floor.

Libby looked up to see Scratch laughing at her misfortune. Annoyed with the ghost, Libby stood up before she glared at Scratch.

"Scratch, what are you doing here?!" Libby yelled, not in the mood to put up with Scratch right now.

"Oh, you know! Just here to mess with you! What is that on your desk anyway? Your diary?" Scratch noticed the book Libby was writing in.

At that moment, Libby was shocked to see that Scratch was floating towards the book to grab it. Libby tried to stop him, but he was too fast for her as he already grabbed it.

"Aaah! Not my Y.A. novel!" Libby blushed as she desperately tried to reach out for it.

It ended up being pointless since Scratch was floating high above her, keeping the novel out of her reach. Scratch took the opportunity to read what Libby was writing.

The first thing he noticed was the title, which was called, "Mollibby". He began to read the story, where Libby wrote about her and Molly walking through the park, holding hands before sharing their first kiss. That was when Scratch began to burst into laughter.

"Oh, this is too good! Are you really shipping yourself with Molly?" Scratch laughed.

"Give it back!" Libby jumped to reach for her book, but Scratch still kept it away from her.

"I can't believe you are writing romantic fanfiction between you and a real person! I mean, sure! That's not creepy at all!" Scratch retorted.

Libby glared at Scratch. "Hey, writing fanfiction is a great way for me to express my feelings, and I will not apologize for that! Besides, you have no right to judge me after what you had done to Molly! You cursed her when she was just a child, you sicko!"

"That's still nothing compared to your creepy Y.A. novel! Maybe I should show it to Molly and see what she thinks of it!" Scratch teased, much to Libby's horror.

"Please don't show it her! Molly will know how I feel about her!" Libby begged.

"Relax!" Scratch said as he tossed the book back to her. "I'm not going to embarrass you like that. You still have to tell Molly how you feel at some point, and say it in English next time! Molly doesn't know Hebrew like you do!" Scratch said, revealing that he is already aware of what happened during Hannukah. "Anyway, I will see you at the McGee household."

With that, Scratch floated away, leaving Libby alone in her room. Before long, Libby was ready to head over to Molly's house. Once her mom dropped her off, Libby waved goodbye before she made her way to the house.