2 End Of Happiness (Part 2)

Melvin pulled away from her and said
"The carriage is being prepared for our trip home. I'll call you once it's really"
"Thanks, dad" Lucia said with a forced smile as she ambled her way to the crystal like lake while slightly holding up her dress. She stared into the crystal lake while Melvin walked away, and her smile faded as she bit on her bottom lip. 'I want to know. I want to ask...What is this kingdom keeping from me? Why do I have many memories I don't understand? And why-'
"Lucia" Melvin called her and she turned her head to look at him
'Why do I have this strong feeling that's tugging at my heart, from the pit of my stomach' she thought still staring at him 'Whenever I see my father'. "Yes, dad. I'm coming" she said as she lifted her dress and nipped back to Melvin
"Let's go home" Melvin said as he took her hand in his and walked back to the carriage.
"Maybe...I can keep that promise" Lucia heard someone say and she turned to look at the mountain with widened eyes. The wind blew slightly but even so, there was nobody there.
"What are you looking at?" Melvin questioned with a chuckle and she shook her head
"I thought I heard something" Lucia said as she turned back and continued walking.
After the two got onto the carriage, the coachman coached the carriage away from the forest. On the mountain, a young man with short white hair and white catlike ears sticking out from the sides of his hair, was sitting on a ledge while staring at the disappearing carriage.
"She's my niece after all" the person said as he stood up straight and his body lit up in purple flames before he disappeared
At the same time, a woman walked out from behind a tree. She had a black hood covering her and even her eyes couldn't be seen. She looked up to the sunny sky and smiled
"It's been hundreds of years since I've felt this excited when meeting a heart" she said before turning towards the path the carriage took "I've got to keep an eye on this one. To prevent another disaster" the woman added before disappearing
Arriving at the palace gates, Lucia had her head lowered as her thoughts were in turmoil. She suddenly felt the warmth of her father's hand on hers and she couldn't help but smile brightly.
"Father..." Lucia called out while gazing at him and he gazed back at her and let out a short hum."....You're always going to be with me. I'm sure of it" She smiled before resting her head on his shoulder "We'll always be a happy family"
Melvin's breath hitched when he heard her and his heart felt like it was going to burst. He let his hand gently stroke her head
'This might be the last time...the last time I'll be able to spend time with you' He thought. "I'll always be with you, I promise" as he said that, there was a slight golden hue at the edges of his green eyes.
   The carriage stopped in front of the castle and Lucia had disembarked.
"Aren't you coming with me?" Lucia asked with her head tilted to the side
"I've got some work to tend to. I really can't join you" Melvin said and Lucia stepped away from the carriage. It took off soon after and Lucia could only watch it disappear.
She sighed and headed into the palace. She had already walked a long distance, but had no plans of returning to her room.
'The people in the kingdom keep too many secrets from me' she thought as she came to a halt before the courtyard 'Maybe I'll just stay in the courtyard and clear my mind' she was just about to step into the courtyard when her eyes spotted a beautiful woman basking in the sunlight
The woman had long jet black hair was braided into a low side ponytail and was wrapped with silver hair pieces until it reached the sides of her head. She had beautiful jade eyes just like Melvin and a stolid but beautiful face.
She wore what resembled a dark red lehenga choli, which had red and gold embroidered flowers along with a cape. This was the outfit of some women located in the kingdom to the south called, Elencia.
  Sensing her presence, the woman turned to look at Lucia. Her eyes widened for a moment before she smiled brightly
"Dad, hasn't been making things unbearable for you. Has he?" the woman asked and Lucia ran before hugging her
"You're back" Lucia exclaimed as she was began to walk around the woman while admiring her "My beautiful older sister, Deborah-Jane has returned home" she hugged her again "I really missed you" she murmured
"I missed you too" Jane said s she hugged her back "The last time I saw you, you were nine. Now you're fourteen and I hear half of the nobles are getting in line to marry the crown princess"
"How's Diane-Annabel? How come it's only you?" Lucia asked and Jane's expression changed
"How about we talk about something else" Jane said as she pulled Lucia over to a tea table and they both sat across each other "A-Annabel's fine...but how is dad?" she said nervously as she tried to change the topic
   Everybody in the kingdom knows...King Melvin Roosevelt had three daughters.... one from the queen and two from the concubine. The two daughters of the concubine hate the daughter of the queen...enough to try and kill her.
   However, this was only part of the truth. The twins born by the concubine were said to be soulbound and could only support one another. Only people in the castle knew this, one day, one of the twins will cease to exist while the other would forever remain; Lucia never knew this but only knew they were soulbound.
   Deborah-Jane had never caused Lucia harm. In fact, they had a wonderful relationship as sisters. But Diane-Annabel was different; she hated everything about Lucia, including her existence. Everyone, even Melvin knew Diane-Annabel was unstable but that was why Jane never left her side - not even when cursed. It was all to keep the stability and stop further conflict.
Lucia stared at Jane, saddened. She herself had been a victim to Annabel's outbursts but she knew it was nowhere near what Jane had gone through. She knew it wasn't petty but Jane truly loved Annabel. However....
"......Sister Annabel can't see it" Lucia murmured and Jane covered her mouth
"Lucia, she has good senses" Jane said "She can tell when people are talking about her. Please, stop". Lucia nodded her head and Jane took her hand away from her mouth
"How are things up south?" Lucia asked
"The people seem to want to remain forever inhumane" Jane said "They're too many residents up south. But the ones that enjoy the kingdom are only the rich and powerful while the poor are kept under the kingdom. How they do it, isn't my problem" she explained "I'm simply the heart of the kingdom, not their princess. I can't involve myself with them too much...I fear that I may get harvested one day"
"And you can't stay home long, can you?" Lucia murmured
"Don't worry about that" Jane said "I brought you a gift" she flicked her fingers and purple light particles danced around the palm of her right had. When it faded, all that was left of a silver and diamond necklace.
"It's beautiful" Lucia said as Jane walked around her and placed it on her neck "But wouldn't Annabel be angry? You know...she hates it when you give me things"
Jane sat back in her seat and smiled "That isn't a thing. It's a shape shifting creature I caught around the magicae regionis in Neinhart. It was injured so I captured it and sealed it" the necklace lit up a bit "I think it hates Annabel and I. It always lit up whenever around us, seems like creatures still love you just like the rest of us"
Lucia's eyes held a lot of warmth as she smiled brightly with no measure
"Thank you, sister. I love it" Lucia said "I promise to take care of it"
  Suddenly, for some reason, the air began to get a bit chilly and both Jane and Lucia's smiles faded as they tilted their heads to look at a woman with a scrunched up face.
The woman had long pure black hair that cascade over her shoulders with only a single gold hair comb attached to the side of her head and gold earrings to match. She had dark green eyes that were shaped like that of a cat's. And wore what resembled a dark green, cape styled anarkali suit. It was also another outfit of those from Elencia.
   The woman's face was scrunched up as she glared at Lucia and Jane in displeasure
"Annabel" the named fumbled off Lucia's tongue but Annabel ignored her and looked solely at Jane
"Jane, what are you doing together with this pain?" Annabel asked
.........
Hoped you liked this chapter. I'm still busy with exams and might not update for a while but don't forget to favorite, comment and vote. These are what keeps me going.