𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

"It's better than having her perform with some group from Lord knows where," Aqua replied. "With family managing he group, I doubt things will go south."

"All three siblings are going to be entertainers, huh?" the director mused.

"Not all three of us," Aqua rejected. "I prefer to work behind the scenes now."

Director Gotanda leaned back in his chair. "You haven't got an itch to take up acting again?" he asked. "Aren't you applying to the same high school as your sisters?"

"Only Ruby and Luna is trying to get into the performing arts department," Aqua explained. "I'm going for general education."

The director took a sip of his drink and exhaled heavily. "When you came and asked to be my apprentice, you had this look on your face like you were dead set on being an actor..." he said.

To me, being an actor was a mere means to an end.

For finding the man who brought about Ai's death...

For finding my father, and then giving him a taste of the pain Ai endured.

By a twist of fate, the key for detecting him lies within myself.

I should be able to identify him through a hair or mucosal DNA test.

But to do so, it's necessary I secure a position where I can come into direct contact with entertainers.

Being an actor is the quickest route for that... but if I just need to be involved with the entertainment industry, I don't mind being an AD or someone working behind the scenes.

Aqua picked up his bottle of water and looked at it. "Though they were minor roles, I came to understand something by appearing in a number of your films..." he said out loud as the director looked over at him. "I have no talent for acting. There are loads of people in the world who try their best as actors but can't draw an audience, and I was just one of them. I don't have that special something the way Ai did or Luna does... Its no good to hold onto goals that are beyond your means."

"Hmph," the director said as he turned around in his chair. "If kids don't dream, who else can even hope to? Even university age is early to be giving up on what you want to do."

Then, his tone became serious. "Listen up," he commanded. "Here's some advice from a middle-aged guy who's kept on dreaming for 20 years. I'm only gonna say this once, so pay attention."

Aqua turned his head slightly to look at him. "Every single person has the right to dream," the director started. "After all, you can't win the lottery if you don't buy a-"

"Taishi!" the elderly lady from earlier cut him off as she slammed open the door of the room. "Dinner's ready!"

Director Gotanda fell to the ground in shock. "Ma! I was saying something important - don't interrupt me!" he complained as he ran over and shook her shoulders.