8. Ex's and girls night

Amelia

"Hey guys." Penelope approached mine and Emily's desks, where JJ had joined us a couple minutes ago.

"Hey PG" I smiled at the colorful woman.

"Is it just me or has boss man been more distant then usual this week?" She asked concerned. One thing I've learned about her in this short time, is that she always notices if something is off about the people she cares about.

"Maybe he's just bored with paper work. I mean we haven't had a new case since last week." Emily pressed.

"Yeah that makes sense." She sympathetically agreed. "Have you talked to him at all this week Amelia? Since you're neighbors and all" Penny looked over at me.

"No not since Saturday actually." I frowned slightly. It was weird, we usually bumped into each other a lot in the stairwell, but since Saturday nothing.

"Anyhow, I was thinking girls night tonight." She smiled excitedly.

"What's girl's night?" I looked up with beaming curiosity.

"Oh we basically just get drunk, eat takeout and talk about boys." PG smiled enthusiastically while explaining. "Or girls." She quickly added giving Emily a quick wink.

"I can't tonight, Will and I have a check up in the morning" JJ explained as her face was painted with a small smile and a hand in her baby bump.

"Oh, how are you and LaMontagne doing?" Em asked curiously. It had been obvious ever since I joined the team that they were a thing, and a few days after my hospital visit JJ told me what she and Emily talked about in the waiting room. I think she was expecting me to be upset but how could I, it's so exiting for her.

"We're good." She paused to smile. "So good, he's been amazing so far."

"You guys are so adorable. It's actually disgusting." Emily laughed out.

"Okay Woods you saw that? This is what we do at girls night, but with alcohol. Not for JJ though" Garcia smiled at pregnant JJ before looked back at me.

"Sounds fun." I smiled back at the blond. "As far as I'm concerned you can count me in."

"Me too." Emily chimed in.

"Agent Woods?" A male voice asked from behind me.

I spun my chair to the direction of the voice. "That's me. You're Anderson, right?"

"Yes, there's a man downstairs asking for you." He announced.

"Let me guess. Blond, blue eyed, about 5'10 and named Liam." I sighed knowing the day where he'd want to talk would eventually come.

"Yes ma'am." He nodded.

"Thanks for letting me know." I stood up from my chair not really wanting to see him.

"Who's Liam?" Emily asked confused.

"My ex-fiancé." I said in a fake exited manner.

"Do you want any of us to come with you?" Penny asked concerned.

"No it's fine, but just keep an eye outside so he doesn't try to kidnap me." I added the last part sarcastically knowing he would never have the balls to pull something like that off.

"You've got it" PG nodded.

I walk out of the bullpen to the elevators almost dragging my feet behind me not wanting to get downstairs. Dreading having to see his face again. The doors of the elevator dinged open and I could see him outside of the glass doors. My stomach transformed into a heavy rock as the pit of anxiety washed over me.