"Alright. We'll get you some."

"Thanks." I feel a little bad that he feels like he needs to blow money on me just to hang out with me. We could've done whatever.

~

After about an hour of shopping, I know he's had to have spent over two hundred dollars on me. Not including the new tire he just bought me this week.

"Were you wanting to get a new game or some new earbuds or something? Do you need anything for school?"

"No, I'm good, Dad."

"You ready for some lunch then?"

"Yeah, I'm starving."

"Want something from the food court?"

"Sure."

We find a Chinese place that smells pretty good. We get behind two guys that are waiting in line. I pull my phone out to see if Ryland has said anything else, but I don't have any notifications.

I bit of a feminine sounding laugh comes from in front of us. I look up to one of the boys giggling at something the other said. He playfully slaps his arm before reaching down and grabbing his hand. I widen my eyes and quickly glance over to see what reaction Dad has. Please don't look disgusted.

He clears his throat and looks down at his watch before glancing back up at the menu displayed above the restaurant. Well, his reaction wasn't too terrible, I guess. He's never expressed hatred toward homosexual people, abut he definitely seemed uncomfortable.

I glance back at the guys, seeing them talk with smiles on their faces. I've never seen a gay couple in person before. They look so happy. I don't know how they're so comfortable doing PDA with their... situation. Are they not afraid someone will say something to them? Do they just not care? What if someone tried to do worse, though? Like physically attacked them? People will let their beliefs against homosexuality completely out rule any wrongdoing done to people like that. They don't look at it as anything but a disgusting disgrace. I don't want people to look at me like that. Though... I don't really feel like anything I've done with Ryland is disgusting. I mean, it's the same thing I've done with a girl. I don't think the way I feel is disgusting, either. Why do people think it is?

"Do you know what you want?" Dad asks.

I tear my eyes away from the couple in front of me to see Dad already looking at me. "Oh, uh..." I glance back at the menu. "Probably the chicken fried rice with some crab ragoons."

He nods. "That sounds good. I think I'm going to go with the orange chicken and broccoli." Him mentioning broccoli reminds me of what Ryland told me last night. I crack a smile. My little veggie hater. I widen my eyes at my thought and lose my smile. God, what am I thinking about right now?

"That sounds good."

The line moves up, and we're able to get our food ordered. We grab our plates and find an empty table in the food court. Once seated, we dig in.

"So, you got everything you need?"

"Yeah. Thanks, Dad. You didn't have to do all this."

"It's no problem. I wanted to." I nod, not knowing what to say now. I take a bite of my rice before he speaks again. "How's your mother been doing?"

"She's good. We're going to go eat at Lily's Diner next weekend since she's off."

"That sounds nice. It's been a while since we've been there as a family. If only I could go too," he grumbles. "I'm going to be away for a little longer this time. Over a month. I've got some business in Tokyo."