Daruma San

<2039>

Xia was conducting some research on her computer in the late hours of the night. She couldn't sleep for long during the day, so she had no choice but to work.

While engrossed in her research, her phone suddenly started ringing. The number was unknown. She didn't answer it, actually, she didn't even care. But the phone kept ringing insistently.

Xia took a deep breath in frustration and picked up the phone to her ear.

"Is this Miss Xia?"

The voice was unfamiliar. It belonged to a young girl, and she seemed to be crying. She was speaking in a whisper, and her voice was trembling. Xia asked hesitantly.

"I am. Who are you?"

"I'm Katty. I need your urgent help."

"Can you explain the situation?"

"There's a monster chasing me, please help me."

The girl started crying. Xia stood up and checked the time. It was 02:14.

"If you can briefly explain the situation, I might be able to help you."

"Please let me in, I'm so scared."

When Xia looked out the window, she saw a young girl standing at her door. She quickly rushed downstairs and opened the door. In front of her was a trembling girl, with swollen eyes from crying. Her hair was wet and dark blonde, and she was wearing a white robe. Xia pulled her inside and closed the door behind her.

"Okay, Katty, first calm down, and tell me what happened."

The girl took a deep breath and tried to stop crying.

"Come, let me give you some clothes. You'll catch a cold."

As Xia went upstairs, Katty followed her. Xia gave her some of her own clothes.

"I'll wait outside while you get dressed."

Xia was about to turn away when Katty shouted.

"No, please don't leave me alone! If it finds me, it will kill me."

Xia was puzzled. She couldn't understand what was going on. The girl was dressing up while starting to talk.

"I was in the bathroom, washing my hair. I was about to get out anyway when suddenly the power went out. I was left in the dark, but I don't scare easily, you know. I finished washing my hair and put on my robe. As I was leaving the bathroom and heading to the kitchen, I heard a sound from my bedroom. Before I could understand what was happening, a long-haired woman ran towards me. I screamed in fear and ran to the kitchen balcony. I jumped down from there and ran away. I was in shock. I knew that woman was not normal, and I made up my mind about what to do. The most reasonable option was you. I saw you in the news, and you seemed like someone who knows what to do. Besides, I heard you had knowledge about supernatural events, and I was planning to come here. Ah, please, Ms. Xia, please help me! I'm so scared; I don't want to die!"

Katty started crying again. Xia started thinking while throwing the robe she picked up on the floor aside. She stood in front of her bookshelf.

"Can you describe exactly how the woman looked?"

"She... she was scary."

"No, I mean physically."

Katty thought for a moment.

"She had long black hair, it was dark, you know, but I think her hair was dark-colored. I didn't see her face, and I didn't get a chance to examine her. I just saw her hair."