嫉妬 - 六

"How was your day with Giyuu, hm?" — My older sister, Haruka, asked me when she opened the door with the key she had. She had two plastic bags on each of her hand. It was most likely a surprise.

I came to her and grabbed some of the plastic bags, "It was good. But why sid you bring four plastic bags home? Also, you're home late than usual. It's clearly 2:14 AM." — I asked back while she had a smugly smile with a mix of a happy one.

"Well, my boss made me the best talent and best worker of the year and I was invited to a party to celebrate with them. He allowed me to bring some food for the two of us; whether it be many or not, he was alright with it." — She happily replied and placed down the plastic bags as I trailed her.

"Why do I sense alcohol again?" — I asked her while putting up my other brow and she nervously smiled in response. "Let's drink." — said by my sister.

"You know I can't drink right now. I'm limiting my alcohols. I've done so much weird stuff when I'm drunk. So no." — I looked disappointed.

"Fine, I won't push you and force you. Whatever makes you happy." — she said while changing her clothes and opening a canned beer. I looked at her as a sign if I can open the plastic bags and she seemed to understand it anyway and nodded.

"Yo, I've been craving for this cake for a long time now!" — I exclaimed as I saw (favorite/cake) or (choice/of/cake) in a box. "This looks fancy for a bland cake like it..." — I added,

"Yeah, they paid the chefs to make it more fancier. They're rich as hell." — my sister replied, then sipped a sip of the beer.

"Damn." — I grabbed a fork and tasted the cake. The flavors of the cake has gave me different emotions. Happiness, excitement, shocked, surprised. "The flavors are melting in my tongue..."

"Mhm. It is delicious. There are more foods. You unpack it because I know how of a hungry monster you are." — my sister insulted me in a way that I kind of got happy too. "Thanks sis." — I nodded and did the same thing I did with the cake to the other bags.

TIME SKIP (an hour)

"Nee-san, you're drunk. Too drunk now. You have to stop drinking." — I volunteered to get the empty canned beers and she smelled really like shit. Kidding, I mean she smelled like drunk.

"What?! Noooo! I don't want to stop yet... I'm still having fun..." — She whined and allowed herself to get one of the full liquid canned beer and to open it but I stopped her.

"I'm going to put this in the refrigerator. Now sleep and rest. You still have work for tomorrow too! Or later." — I smacked her head while she continued to whine like a little kid.

"My shift starts is yet at exact 3 PM... I don't mind that... but you... you have school?! Sleep now and stop minding me!" — She yelled and literally seemed like she cared for me having school tomorrow.

"That won't matter if my sister is drunk and I can't trust her when she drinks." — I mockingly smiled at her and cleaned up her mess. "Fineeeee..." — she suddenly collapsed asleep at the sofa. That easily? She must have been tired.

I sighed, gently stroking a piece of her hair out of her face while she peacefully sleeps. My older sister whom I lived with and loved. My older sister who took care of me while our parents left me with her.

AUTHOR'S POV

"But, you're leaving me with this little devil baby?!"  — Young Haruka yelled at their parents while pointing at the poor baby Y/N. Their mother knelt down at the level of young Haruka's face.

"It's for a business purpose. We'll come back soon, my dear. You'll have your auntie with you at times too. We promise." — Their mother handed young Haruka a clip. A clip that had the design of a (favorite/color) flowered shape. "Here. Keep this. You'll remember us with that."

The young L/N was at no words at her mind. "Why does it seem like you are leaving both of us forever?" — Young Haruka gently asked their mother, staring at their father who was handling baby Y/N.

"No. Don't think that. While we're gone, your father and I wish you get along with your younger sister." — said by their mother.

"Satsuki, let's go now." — the voice of their father was heard. The mother, known as Satsuki, looked over the man and then headed her head to the Young L/N. "Yes, Yasu."

"Your father, Yasu and I will be leaving now. Be good to your auntie." — Satsuki patted Haruka's head as she huffed.

Months passed by, Haruka seemed to get fond of her little sister, Y/N. They often played together, Haruka would now take care of her, that also involves spoiling her with toys she wanted. She also often stands up for Y/N when she did something wrong or bad and tells her to never do it again.

Y/N sighed as she remembered the memories. She stood up, went upstairs and flopped her body at her bed. Feeling a silk and soft mattress. The h/c headed girl sighed and slept her way.

TIME SKIP

"And that's for our presentation. Once again, we are Kocho Shinobu and Tomioka Giyuu." — Sabito mocked what had Giyuu said after the end of their presentation for History.

I was out of breath, also my stomach hurts because of laughing too hard that nothing came out of my throat anymore. Giyuu and Makomo was silently watching us, Giyuu had a vein in his head, Makomo just smiled at the sight.

"Tomioka-san!" — we four heard a smooth spoken voice and came to see who was it. I already knew it was Kocho but I really wanted to see what she wanted to him. "Do you wanna eat lunch with me?" — she added.

"Of course. Sorry guys, I can't eat with you three. I'll treat you guys lunch next time." — Giyuu, or shall I say Tomioka, now that HE became distant with me, replied and I could see the word 'victory' being screamed at the butterfly girl's smile. It's like she was mocking us.

I just continued to smile, to hide my annoyance and the envious attitude of mine. I felt that Sabito and Makomo realized how I was feeling and I calmed my ass down after they left.

"Gosh, ditching us for some girl." — I started a conversation in hoping to break the awkward silence between the three of us.

"I would've done it too, you know." — Sabito teased me and a vein popped out of my head as Makomo continued to put her bento out and eat the food inside.

"Oh shut up. This is why you got rejected by the girl you like." — I shot back at him as he acted offended. "Don't act like that, I'm the one who's supposed to do that." — I added and playfully hitting him.

"Alright alright." — He replied as he looked over Makomo's bento and looked at her face with a smugly smile.

Makomo noticed that she accidentally put Sabito's favorite food at her bento and started rethinking her life now. "Fine, you can have it." — she calmly respond, with the look of disappointment and annoyance.

I gave a small inaudible snicker as they both annoyed each other and I enjoyed the show.

Even though without having someone to love you romantically, life with friends who loves you platonically are already there, waiting for you.