She was having fun, all the friends she didn't expect to see were there. She sat there silently on a chair and looked at how everyone was dancing, some were having a drink while some were flirting with each other. Her veil slipped down from her head and she smiled while putting it back on her head. It was a floral light purple veil that had 'A & H' embroidery. Daddy gave her the veil on her 12th birthday and since then she made sure she wore it on her birthday.

Rafiq walked to her and sat down beside Humaira, she smiled at him and long ahead of him. "Humaira, why are you so silent? Won't you dance?" He asked and she stood up.

"Let's go and dance, it's been long I did that. You know I'm still an amateur when it comes to that." He laughed and took her outstretched hand in his and they majestically moved to the centre of the hall. While dancing, Rafiq noticed some people were let into the restaurant to eat, they were only couples. Humaira told the people at the lobby to invite every couple they see in for free food. He smiled at himself and whispered to Humaira.

"Humaira, when do you think I should see Daddy?" She looked up at him and laughed, he was insane and it was evident.

"To see Daddy for what? Rafiq, I think we made that clear between us, didn't we?" He gripped her waist more and brought her even more close to his body.

Tickling her waist, Humaira giggled as he spoke. "Come on, Humaira. I want to marry you, and you can't let me have my ways with you now and still won't let me marry you? Isn't this torture?"

He began kissing her neck and she giggled trying to be free from his hold. "You can't have me that easy, Rafiq. Let's cut the cake." They moved to where the cake was baked, and as her usual birthday cake. It was a huge birthday cake with light purple designs on it. Daddy thought her how to bake, and she never baked until it was her birthday.

"Happy Birthday, Humaira! Cheer to 20!" The crowd chorused and Humaira smiled widely before she cut the cake.

She took a bite and tried feeding Rafiq with it when he pushed the bite into her mouth and whispered, "I'll taste it from your lips." And that was how he merged their lips and the world crowd chorused in admiration.

Out of the blue moon, Humaira heard a voice in the crowd as it thundered, "Aisha!!!" She didn't bother to look around, because she was sure it was Daddy. She entwined their fingers with Rafiq and slipped expertly out of the crowd.

"Take me home, Rafiq, I know it's Daddy. Before he comes back home I would be sleeping on my bed." He laughed at how scared she looked, even though this was the first time he had seen this kind of expression on her face. They all hopped into the car and Rafiq drove out of the hotel. "I'll surely fire whoever it is that reports me to Daddy by tomorrow morning." She muttered angrily and leaned on the chair, closing her eyes.

She thought about how Mommy used to wake her up with her birthday cake and they would sing joyfully and fed themselves with the cake. Today, she would wish to fight her demons and celebrate her day, even if not for her sake, for the sake of Mommy. She knew where ever Mommy was, she was either sad or celebrating her birthday trying to be strong. She walked out of her sanctuary and moved to her wardrobe, she pulled out a soft nightgown and wrapped her head in a light purple floral gown. She sat at the edge of her bed and fondled on the embroidery on the veil.

Mommy gave her this veil and made her promised that she would always wear it on her birthday. When she asked her what the meaning of 'A & H' meant, "The world knows you as Aisha, but to me; you're Humaira. That makes it A & H." She had laughed then and hugged Mommy showing her appreciation, but now that she thought about it, she broke down.