"Here," Arthur smiled as he turned off the camera, watching the blonde struggle to maintain her own luggage. "Let me take it."

"Thank you," she said sincerely as she handed it to him, sighing with relief as it fell into his hands.

"You sure there isn't a dead body in here?"

"Arthur!"

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

IT WAS DARK, everywhere. The halls, the windows, the outdoor grounds, and even the lights. They were so dim Evelyn couldn't even make out the small dimple in the middle of Arthur's chin. She looked away, staring out the window on the second floor at nothing in particular. She couldn't see a single silhouette in the distance.

She'd gotten tired of the torches turning on and off on their own. All of it formed a small pool in the lowest point of her stomach. She knew she was sensitive to this area of paranormal investigations, which was why she'd never voluntarily been part of one before - solely because she was a scaredy cat. Subtly, she pinched the skin of her thigh. Snap out of it, she told herself, be part of their video, you're boring. She put on a smile.

"Do you still want to talk to us?" Colby asked loudly, camera and his eyes pointed directly at the two-dollar torch resting on the coffee table. It immediately switched on.

"That's enough for me," Arthur breathed out as he stood up. Evelyn followed after him as Colby pointed the camera at them, catching the girl hum as she bounced on her feet and shook her hands wildly.

"I swear to god, if this bitch comes after me tonight-"

"Evelyn!" Arthur whisper-shouted. She looked at the man worriedly.

"What?" She muttered beneath her breath, eyes portraying her inner caution.

"Don't bad mouth the ghosts," he whispered. Sam laughed in the background as Colby began to smile.

"Oh, sorry, ghost. I'll bring you flowers when I come here next," she said as she walked forward and picked up the torch, a smile gracing her lips.

"Are you coming back?" Sam asked genuinely. Evelyn scoffed with a mixture of a laugh, Arthur already smiling as he read her mind. He knew her following words before she even said them.

"No," she grinned. It was as she moved back around the coffee table, about to pass Arthur, when the torch flicked back on again. The catch was, she hadn't done anything.

Immediately she dropped it to the floor with a gasp as Arthur sucked in a breath behind her. Colby instantly panned the camera to the floor as it brightened, Sam shouting out phrases filled with dude and oh my god.

As soon as she'd dropped it, Evelyn had stepped back, her jacket pressing against Arthur's shirt. She turned around while keeping her sight on the torch, her hands wrapping around his right arm. His other arm instantly moved around his body to lay against her waist. He held himself back from hugging her entirely while she stopped herself from burying her head in his chest.

"What the fuck just happened?" Arthur asked as he stared at Sam with wide eyes, lips parted in confusion and shock as to what had just occurred. "Did you turn it on?" He looked down at her, watching as she hurriedly shook her head.

"No, I swear I didn't twist it," the blonde uttered, her grip on his arm never faltering in the slightest. Arthur's thumb ran up and down against her waist, causing her to shift her focus, thankfully.

"I don't think it likes you," Colby laughed as he zoomed the camera onto Evelyn's face. She smiled sarcastically in his direction.

"No, I think it loves me," she grinned. Suddenly, the torch light switched off, causing them all to try and lighten the atmosphere with their quiet laughter.