Chapter Twenty

marahuyo
(adj.) to be enchanted

●▬▬▬▬๑๑▬▬▬▬●

PRESENT

GENEVIEVE

Resting my head against the chair, I closed my eyes, barely having the energy to work anymore.

The job of managing accounts wasn't as easy as I thought. It was past evening, almost time for me to leave, yet here I was, behind the computer loading with more information than I could digest. Today's workload was usually more than on other days. Maybe it was the sparks of slowly becoming an old employee.

While I didn't really have any time to think about the man with devastatingly beautiful emerald-green eyes, it didn't mean he completely left my thoughts.

I didn't see him the whole day. Though he'd told me that he had some business left to do, I still held onto the hope of being able to see him at least once today.

But he didn't come.

Emi, thankfully, was busy with his own work, so I didn't have to see him today. I'd have been more tired if I had to deal with him and his sarcasm.

I turned my head to the side, getting a clear view of the evening sky through the glass window. The letters HAO were written on the glass.

Hell's Angels Organization.

As intriguing as the name of their organization was, the deeds that were done here weren't.

I heard a knock on my door while my curious eyes were busy roaming around the room. Before I could give the person on the other side any permission to enter, the door opened, revealing the man behind.

Unimpressed, I looked at Emi as he entered the room like he owned it (and he did), closing the door behind him. He shot me a wink when he saw me glaring at him, walking nonchalantly around the room, probably busy taking in the appearance.

"So, this is your new room," he sighed, as if disappointed. I held back my scoff. This man had a room twice the size of mine, and here he was, envying this tiny wooden place.

Though, I'd say, the sky view here from up high, the glass walls, and the furniture that smelled of sandalwood gave this place an excellent ambience. But that didn't mean it could be compared with Emi's room.

I wondered how Aleksandr's room looked...

"I didn't give you permission to enter," I said, sitting up properly in the chair. He smirked at me, "Does it matter?"

"Yes. I could've been doing something you shouldn't see." I was tired and frustrated enough to be bargaining with my boss. God, give me sanity. "You shouldn't be doing something here that I can't see."

His words did make sense. But who cares?

It's not every day I say things that don't make sense and he says things that do make sense.

"Why are you here?"

"Because of your desperate lover."

I almost choked on my own saliva at his hideous words. My eyes widened as I glared at him, wondering if he had finally reached his maximum level of insanity.

He frowned, almost offended at my stare. "Uh-oh, don't give me that look," he said, "I'm not lying."

"I'd like to notify you, for your kind information, that I have no lover, let alone a desperate one," I stated. He rolled his eyes.