CHAPTER NINE

Shun's POV

I dressed before coming downstairs for dinner.

After combing my hair and feeding my cats, I walked towards the dining area.

Eros and Naki were sitting side by side, with Grandma on Eros' right side. The table was wide, so I took a seat on the other side while facing Naki.

"Kiel, try Naki's curry, it's delicious. It's your favorite, right?" Grandma said, and I nodded while smiling at her.

I tasted the curry he cooked, and it was indeed delicious. It tasted the same as the curry sold at the eatery I used to visit frequently. However, I haven't been able to visit it for a month now since it's closed.

"How is it? It's delicious, right?" Eros asked as if I'm going to say, it is.

I ignored him and continued eating.

"Oh. By the way, Eros, do you know Naki? I saw you talking with him earlier." Grandma asked.

"Yes, Grandma, we just met earlier." Eros replied.

"How?" Grandma asked.

"Well, it's because of a small accident earlier, Grandma." Eros said.

"Naki and I saw a cat by the side of the road, and then I was on my bicycle. I almost hit Naki, and luckily, I managed to avoid it. However, since Naki tried to avoid getting hit by me, he scratched his knee. Later on, I found out that he was working as your helper here, Grandma." Eros explained.

"I see. Does it still hurt, Naki?" Grandma asked.

"No, Grandma. Eros helped me treat it, so it's fine now." Naki replied.

"That's good." Grandma said.

"Ah, Grandma..."

"Yes, Naki?" Grandma replied.

"Um, can I leave tomorrow morning? I'll be back right away." Naki asked Grandma.

"Sure, Naki, where are you going anyway?" Grandma asked.

"To my place, Grandma, just to get my clothes. Sir Shun's clothes are a bit big for me." Naki replied.

"I see, sure. Just be careful on your trip, Naki." Grandma replied.

"Thank you..." Naki responded.

"No problem, dear." Grandma replied.

"I'll take you there, I'm free tomorrow." Eros said, causing me to pause while eating.

"I'll do it." I interjected and continued eating. Eros looked at me as if he was going to devour me.

"No need, sir. I can manage." Naki replied.

"You can't." I quickly replied.

"Why not? I have my own feet, sir." he replied while forcing a smile.

"You don't have fare." I replied, leaving him wide-eyed. He then bowed his head and continued eating.

*pout

I couldn't help but secretly smile. He didn't say anything anymore.

"Just think of it as a return for helping Grandma." I added, and I saw Grandma smile.

After I finished eating, I went straight to my room to rest. I said goodbye to Grandma before going upstairs.

I lay down on my bed together with my two cats, Baobao and Tuan. They were gifts from my dad from China on my 8th birthday before they left. I missed them so much.

My mom and dad were working in China, and since I'm studying here in US, they didn't bring me along.

I'm a 1st-year college student back then, and I just graduated 2 years ago.

I stood up and opened my closet to find something to wear for tomorrow.

Naki and I will go somewhere. I don't know why I volunteered to accompany him, but it's fine with me since I don't have anything to do tomorrow.

After finding an outfit, I returned to my bed and closed my eyes.

I didn't realize that I had fallen asleep.

To be continued...