Chapter 2: Junktown

Start from the beginning

As a master in seventeen different martial arts and eight different weapon arts, that wasn't a very hard task to do. Especially since I had also trained myself in the way of a monk, developing almost superhuman level abilities.

And I could sense that this man would likely be the same.

I sighed as I smacked my hands together and got into my taekwondo stance. This was my go-to stance when taking on opponents who underestimated me. Usually, if I'm facing someone, I wouldn't really enter a stance as I would just combine my techniques and use them in random intervals against my opponents to confuse them. Now that I've encountered Venom and Carnage, I'm kind of glad I did. If I ever went up against Taskmaster, using my go-to techniques against opponents who underestimate me wouldn't work. But my unpredictable one would.

Kalnor sighed before he swung his fist at me.

Slow. Sloppy. There's no form behind the punch, there's no sign of a feint, this man doesn't even know boxing at the least. I sighed as I calmly and casually moved my head slightly out of the way without wasting movement, I spun around and delivered a backwards kick to the back of the man's head.

Kalnor stumbled forward in pain as he clutched the back of his head. "Ah! Holy shit that fucking hurt! Gah! Were you trying to split my head open?" Kalnor complained in pain.

I blinked in surprise. "What?" I was holding back as much as I could. In fact, I was anticipating him to come back and start throwing hands at me at this point. "Let us through then. All we want is to get our pet." I said, glancing off to the distance where I could sense The Master's minions moving to our direction. Does he sense my presence?

"It is possible. The Master possesses extraordinary telepathic abilities similar to our old god, Knull. I wouldn't put it past him for him to have sensed your powerful mind and powerful body." Venom responded.

Kalnor nodded slightly and said, "Ah yeah. H-head inside."

I nodded firmly and briskly walked inside. I'd rather avoid running into The Master until I have to. I'm not sure if I'd be able to really defend myself against his mental onslaught if I did. I told myself as I narrowed my eyes.

"Did you have to do that, dear?" Tandi asked.

I stopped and glanced at her before continuing my stride, "First off, please don't call me that. We aren't married. And--"

"Yet!"

"-- second of all, there are some people where violence is necessary. I use violence as a means to an end and while I do relish a good battle, I hate picking on the weak like that. Makes me feel like a bully." I said as I scoured my surroundings.

Natalia nodded from behind us, with a slight pout on her face. "Yeah, I've met a few of those in the Vault and even just on my way to Shady Sands. But why are you so hellbent on getting me this dog?"

I was so tempted to just say "Cause it's a Canon Event" and just leave it at that but I stopped myself. We were in a real hurry so there wasn't much time to joke around. "Because it's a Canon Event."

... sighs...

"Huh?" Natalia intelligently questioned.

"Uh... anyways it just needs to happen because he becomes a loyal friend for you. Something akin to your first friend." I said.

She blinked, "But I have you, don't I?" She said with a smile.

Urgh! Stop looking at me like that! I thought as she looked at me with the most innocent and happy smile I've seen, and I've seen Izuku and Tanjiro smile before. "Look, let's just go get the dog. Vault Dweller, I want you to go with Tandi and keep her safe. Don't trust anyone here. They aren't exactly the type you should try to get friendly with, if you know what I mean." I said, facing the two of them and nodding to them.