Chapter 2: Junktown

We landed just outside of Junktown in the middle of the day. I had to stop using the explosions once we got close or else we would've likely gotten shot out of the sky or the people here would've been even more worried of my presence and likely tried to put a bullet in my head once I was asleep or do the same to the others.

Not like as though that could kill me with my five brains and seven hearts constantly moving throughout my body. I thought.

I'm not worried about what they might do to me, because believe me, I'm practically immortal. No, my worries are the two women who are my responsibility to protect. I can't just hand over one of my symbiotes to protect Tandi either, as the ones I have are permanently bonded to me right now. And I honestly can't say I'm willing to ask Natalia to just hand Anti-Venom over to Tandi. Tandi, while a crucial player, isn't quite as important as the Vault Dweller.

Doesn't mean she's not important. Which is why I'm even going out of my way to do this in the first place. Because I need them both.

I released my use on One for All, disabling Black Whip and Float. Natalia immediately crumbled to the ground and started vomiting right onto the ground. Tandi went to her side and helped her as she threw up, pulling back her hair and watching over her.

In the meantime, I scanned our surroundings. There's about three deathclaws headed our way right now. I can also sense a few centaurs, floaters, and... a lot of super mutants. "Let's hurry. We're on a tight schedule right now." I said with urgency.

Tandi looked up at me, "Why? What's wrong?" Then she blinked in alarm when she saw how serious my expression was. "What did you sense?"

"A grave threat for you two." I said seriously.

Tandi nodded her head and quickly got Natalia to her feet as she wiped away her face with the back of her hand.

"What kind of threat?" Natalia asked.

I narrowed my eyes. "One that can change the Wasteland and one that, in my visions I saw, your variant had to destroy to protect the Wasteland." I said.

Natalia nodded with fervor, "Right. Big bad. Let's get inside."

"We're only here for one thing... your first companion." I said, grabbing hold of Natalia's arm as she was lagging behind us.

Natalia blinked in surprise at the contact before a blush came over and she smirked, "My, my. So forward. I do like a man that makes me his, you know."

I glared at her, "Now's not the time, Nat. Did you hear me?"

She blinked, "No. I was--"

"We're picking up a dog for you here." I said firmly.

"A dog? Why?" She asked.

Suddenly, the gatekeeper for Junktown spoke up, "Hold it. What's your business here?"

I looked up at Kalnor with a sigh. "We're only here to stay for a short while. Maybe an hour at most." I stated.

Kalnor narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms, trying to make himself look bigger than before to intimidate me, which just made me want to laugh instead. If only he knew how outclassed he was...

"What for?" He demanded.

"Retrieving our pet." I said, half tempted to shove the man to the side.

In my life as Nate, I learned that there were sometimes people who were incapable of listening through words alone. Some of them thought they were bigger than they were and wouldn't budge until you showed them otherwise.