Chapter 10: The Power of Music

Start from the beginning

"They're here, let's go, please...I have PTSD from that plant dragging me near the forest again..." Divina said with a slight tremble in her voice.

"Fine! Let's go! Get in! Jeez!" Yoko was genuinely pissed.

They all got back into the truck, their things had already been loaded onto it before their arrival. Yoko started the truck, everyone was silent due to the day's events, so Bianca decided to play some music just as background, to lighten the mood.

It was fully dark by now yet Divina was looking out the window as Andar Conmigo played..."Hay tanto que quiero contarte, hay tanto que quiero saber de ti..." Wednesday stiffened, she knew this song, fully...her parents sang it to each other every now and then...It's the song that her father sang to her mother before he proposed... "...No te asustes de decirme la verdad, eso nunca puede estar asi tan mal. Yo tambien tengo secretos para darte y que sepas que ya no me sirven mas..." She turned her head to look at Enid and was met with her beautiful eyes looking back at her... "...Dime si tu quisieras andar conmigo, ooh, ooh, ooh, cuentame si quisiera andar conmigo, ooh, ooh, ooh, dime si tu quisieras andar conmigo, ooh, ooh, ooh, cuentame si quisiera andar conmigo, ooh, ooh, ooh..."

Wednesday's throat itched...she felt...like singing the song to Enid... "The curse is getting stronger..." she thought. Enid didn't understand the lyrics of the song but the way Wednesday was looking at her, she knew it meant something to her, something special and private that only she would know but she also looked...like she was restrained like she wanted to say or do something but couldn't... She decided to trace mindless patterns on the back of Wednesday's hand in an attempt to soothe her. Wednesday took in a deep breath as the song ended, she never thought THAT song would get to her this way... Enid's touch grounded her, it was mind-boggling how something so simple could calm the storm in her head... "I guess that is how soulmates work..." the words resonated in her mind yet did not come out of her mouth.

The next song that played made Enid jolt softly and duck her head... "One look, dark room meant just for you..." "Taylor..." she whispered. Wednesday looked at her quizzically, a slight frown on her face. Enid blushed, stopped tracing on Wednesday's hand, as her leg started bouncing...She was nervous... Wednesday lifted an eyebrow as if asking what was wrong... "...You can hear it in the silence, you can feel it on the way home, you can see it with the lights out...you are in love, true love...you are in love..."

"Oh..." whispered Wednesday. By now, Divina and Bianca had both fallen asleep, and Yoko was focused on the road. Wednesday lifted her hand to lift Enid's chin up, she brushed a strand of hair out of her face and caressed her cheek delicately, Enid closed her eyes and leaned into Wednesday's touch, her leg slowly coming to a stop... "...and for once you let go of your fears and your ghosts. One step not much but it said enough..." Enid peppered kisses on the inside of Wednesday's palm, as her heart swelled.

A light glow caught Yoko's attention, she looked up into the rearview mirror thinking it was another car behind them but saw something she hadn't expected... She saw them glowing...their original spark had grown and she smiled, a single tear rolling down her face as she kept driving.

Wednesday noticed Yoko glace up and she swiftly got back into her seat, hands to herself... They were almost at Yoko's house when Wonderwall started playing... "Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you, and by now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do. I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now..." The cello caught Wednesday's ear, she listened attentively to the lyrics and melody. "And all the roads we have to walk are winding, and all the lights that lead us there are blinding. There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how..." Her fingers started to move automatically, memorizing the song. "I said maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me, and after all, you're my wonderwall..." She closed her eyes visualizing the melody on her cello. Enid looked at her with admiration, the concentration in her facial expressions and the way her fingers moved, hypnotized her... She was so enamored with her...lifemate...her wolf vibrated happily...

The truck slowed down as they pulled into Yoko's driveway. Bianca jolted awake as the song ended. Yoko got out of the truck and opened the door for Enid. "Puppy..." She smiled at her knowingly. Enid got out, Wednesday, Bianca, and Divina followed. They all helped unpack the truck and took their things to their rooms. They were all hungry and tired. Yoko decided to order them several boxes of pizza so they wouldn't have to make anything. While they waited, they went to have a shower and change into their pajamas.

Once out of the shower, Wednesday felt the need to play her cello, she wanted to know if she had memorized Wonderwall correctly...Just as she was about to grab her cello, the doorbell rang and Yoko yelled for them to come down and eat. She mentally kicked herself for being hungry as she came out of her room and went to the kitchen.

The girls were already setting the table, grabbing dishes, and setting slices of pizza on them. Enid handed Wednesday a plate, "I didn't know which you preferred so I got you pepperoni." she said smiling.

"Thank you, Enid..." Wednesday said solemnly.

Everyone stared, Bianca, choking on her slice... "Did you just...did you just THANK someone?!"

"Not someone...Enid, yes." Wednesday stated matter of factly.

Divina was taken aback and stared at Yoko in disbelief.

"Dig in! It'll get cold..." Yoko brushed off, not wanting the girls to focus their attention on Wednesday and Enid.

Enid was thankful, she didn't know if Wednesday had slipped up or if she really meant it but didn't want the other girls to tease her about it. She nodded at Yoko and mouthed, "Thank you." Yoko tilted her head and saluted her with a slice of pizza.

Conversation, laughing, and teasing filled the kitchen as the girls ate. Wednesday finished her slices and quietly slid out of the room without being noticed... Enid noticed, but she decided that Wednesday had probably had too of a long day for her liking and needed her space.

Wednesday got in her room and locked the door behind her, it was 10 pm, and she was wondering if she should call her house or not when her own phone vibrated in her pocket...Mother...

"Evening Mother," she said stoically.

"Mi tormenta!" Her father's voice boomed through her phone. "Oh, how I've missed you so!" He added. "I've been away on business with your uncle Fester these past couple of days. Your mother has filled me in with the latest upcoming! We are very pleased with your soulmate, pequeña!"

"Cariño..." Her mother said calmly, "How have Enid and you been doing? Have you talked about your feelings since our last conversation? She questioned.

"We have not Mother...we...have not had the privacy for such conversations to take place unfortunately..." Wednesday mentioned, with a glint of annoyance in her voice.

"I am certain the time will come, mi pequeña. The matters of the heart should not be rushed..." Morticia assured.

"Your mother's right, the moment will come when it needs to...and once that is done, do bring Enid home for dinner. We'd love to have her and if all goes well, we might one day be welcoming her as the newest member of the Addams Family!" Gomez announced enthusiastically.

Wednesday smiled, "I will do my best. As always." She felt proud of her words.

"Splendid! We shall leave you to rest, my child. May you have horrid dreams." Morticia said her goodbyes as did Gomez and the call ended.

Wednesday heard the girls retreat to their respective rooms, as she knew she wouldn't be bothered, she walked tentatively towards her cello. She lifted it and sat near the window; her room didn't have a balcony so this would have to do. Before she started playing, she sent a short text and pocketed her phone. She held her bow in her right hand and positioned her left hand's fingers over the strings...

Enid's phone chimed, she picked it up from her nightstand and read the message.

Wends: For you, cariño...

Enid was puzzled, she was about to text back when she heard it...The melody to Wonderwall filled the house, perfectly rendered and...for her...She sat on her bed, smiled, and listened attentively to the song being played..."...Just for me..." she thought.