Chapter 9: The Panic in your eyes

Start from the beginning

Divina had fallen asleep during the previous song and she unconsciously stretched her legs a bit, laying sideways, pushing Wednesday a bit too close to Enid..."Oh, baby look what you started, the temperature's rising in here. Is this gonna happen?" A bump on the road made the truck jump and Wednesday's hand landed on Enid's thigh... "Been waiting and waiting for you to make a move. Before I make a move." She blushed "I apologize..." her throat was feeling dry. "No biggie..." said Enid, looking at her eyes and then down to her lips... "A little bit dangerous but baby that's how I want it. I little less conversation and a little more touch my body..." Wednesday noticed, glancing down at Enid's lips as well. "I..." She had nothing to say, she looked back up to Enid's deep blue eyes...they were a shade of darker blue...like a stormy sky... Enid could now fully sense Wednesday's scent and it was mesmerizing... "Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you..." The truck came to a stop.

"We're hereeeeeee" sang Yoko, slamming the door, pulling them out of their trance...They backed away as if hit by lightning.

Divina conveniently woke up, smiled, opened the door, and got out swiftly. Bianca and Yoko were already on their way to unload the truck. Enid opened her mouth to say something, "Wends, I..."

"Pup! We need your strong arms over here!" Yelled Yoko.

"Co...coming..." Enid said back a little too fast.

"I...suggest we get out...before...Yoko sprains herself..." Wednesday added coolly, opening the door and hopping out of the truck, Enid getting out after her.

Wednesday walked towards the back of the truck to get her backpack and she finds Bianca trying to pull it forward. "Damn Addams, what the hell do you have in there?" she stated.

"Bear traps, pliers, a hammer, rope, a whip..." Wednesday said, looking at Enid who again blushed profusely.

"I really doubt you'll be using all of THAT in just one day...or...who knows..." Yoko said smirking at Enid.

"Come on guys, let's stop picking on poor E." Divina chipped in. Wednesday slid away from the group of girls with her backpack over her shoulder. She walked towards the riverbank and sat down in a foldable chair she had brought with her.

It was a warm sunny day; a gentle breeze rustled the leaves as it carried the woody scent of the forest. The sound of birds chirping filled the air, creating a harmonious melody. A picturesque river flowed calmly, its crystal-clear waters shimmering under the golden rays of the sun. Although Wednesday would've preferred gloomier weather, she did admit to herself that it was rather soothing to sit in the sun...Addams's curse be damned. As she was relaxing with her eyes closed, she heard the girls coming and she sighed. Luckily, the girls didn't bother her though. They started putting up a tent that was big enough for all of them to fit into and Wednesday was thankful to have a place where to lay low if she needed to.

Once they were done setting up the tent Enid sat down next to Wednesday, "Hey Wends, whatcha doing?" She said cheerfully.

"Trying to avoid all of you..." Wednesday said seriously, still with her eyes closed.

"Don't be silly! We should go swimming; the girls are getting dressed inside." Enid nudged Wednesday's shoulder as she said so.

Wednesday opened her eyes slowly and saw that they were alone...Her heart skipped a beat. "Do you not...enjoy swimming?" She asked gaining composure.

"I do, I actually really like it. I was just waiting...for the tent to be...less cramped to get ready..." Enid asserted.

"I see..." Wednesday looked at Enid, she felt she had more to say.