"They can come in." You finally told her, and she nodded, going to the door and motioning for them to join you two.

You couldn't see it, but she sent them each a warning look as they came over, daring them to say something wrong or make a single insensitive comment. The fact that you were willing to talk now was progress, and knowing both of their reputations for being a little rough around the edges, she wasn't about to let either one mess this up.

Once everyone was inside, Dehya finally spoke up.

"So, can I ask, what's the deal with your vision?" She ignored how her friend's eyes bored into her, "Has it always done that when you use your powers?"

"Yes," you replied, "It's been like that ever since I got it, but I don't know why."

"Did you receive any formal training on how to use it?" Cyno questioned next. While most people didn't need that kind of teaching to use their visions, finding that it came naturally, some ended up having trouble controlling theirs if they weren't taught.

"Yes, I went through intensive training as soon as I got it," you replied, "But it never seemed to help. No matter how much I try, I've never been able to control it very well. And when I use it anyway, it hurts me." Candace frowned, seeing the pain in your face as you continued.

"That's why I try not to use it, but sometimes it's necessary." You admitted, "I don't mind being hurt, but I've accidentally hurt others in the past, too."

Cyno and Dehya exchanged glances, your words proving that the situation was as risky as they'd suspected.

"If you don't want me around because of it, I completely understand!" You quickly added, seeing the way they looked at one another, "Back in Snezhnaya, that was why they froze me; to prevent my power from getting out of hand and doing any more damage." You looked down at your now bandaged hands, feeling a little ashamed of it all. You'd always seen yourself as a failure for not being able to control your vision, and admitting the fact to people you barely knew like this wasn't really helping.

"It isn't like that," Candace spoke up, glaring back at both Dehya and Cyno, who looked away awkwardly, "We want to help you. You shouldn't have to live with that kind of pain; and from your own vision, no less."

Your eyes widened slightly, having never been told that before. No one had ever wanted to help you; they just wanted you gone as soon as they figured out how much of a ticking time bomb you were.

"That's okay," you told her gently, "I'll be fine, really. I don't want to put any of you in more danger on accident, especially since you've already helped me so much." You sighed, fiddling with your fingers. "This is actually why I've been in such a hurry to leave; I don't want to damage this village or anyone in it."

You thought back to your trip from Snezhnaya to Sumeru, when you'd still been a human ice cube.

"Not to worry, they'll be stable as long as they're in that state." The blue haired man had said to someone you couldn't make out, his voice muffled by the ice in your ears.

Had you been able to move, you would have been shaking in fear, still having no idea where you were being taken. All you remembered was being frozen, and then the next thing you knew, you were on a boat.

The man turned back to you now, and you could see his bright white teeth through the ice as he smiled at you.

"As for you, my little weapon, we'll be arriving soon." He reached up to pat your head, but with the cold barrier around you, you couldn't feel anything. "Be sure to cause a big ruckus once you're there, okay? Though, knowing your condition, I don't think you have much choice."