Chapter 26 - Where have you been?

Začít od začátku

The fact that he is greeted by judgemental stares for how they look, he did not mind a bit since he already expected all of that in the first place. However, their reactions all changed once he explained to them what had happened. Germany and Zeal scolded him for failing to protect Philip from getting kidnapped so easily, rather than praising him for managing to find him and saving him from freezing to death in that cold dark cave.

Whilst they argued, China intensely gazed at Phil's innocently peaceful unconscious body and had a change of heart about harming him. He did not reach for his neck to strangle him or slice his throat open. Instead, he cautiously carried him to the main room with the huge fireplace without any of them even noticing that he had taken Philip. China carefully set Philip down comfortably with a soft pillow under his head, and another under his calves, next to the huge fireplace. He made sure that the fireplace burned hot to warm Philip thoroughly. He took off the unattractive clothes Mexico placed on Philip's body and threw the blue hat that Philip was wearing, across the room because he found it ugly. He thought about burning it in the fireplace but he refrained from doing so when the though of Philip being disappointed when he goes looking for it tomorrow, crossed his mind. Still, for more warmth and for Phil to wake up sooner, he placed his favorite comforter on Philip. 

"Kě'ài (Cute)" he said while playing with Phil's hair. Seeing how adorable this vulnerable bunny whose life he could just end in less than a minute, sleeps... he couldn't bring himself to do it. "I think that I also want to keep you" he said before sitting down on the couch next to Philip's unconscious body. China was not able to get a wink of sleep until Phil woke up, because he felt the need to protect and watch over his unknowing  sleeping body. As soon as Philip woke up, he was greeted by a face with a hint of fear and uncertainty. He said nothing and only stared at him creepily until he walked out of the door. As soon as the door closed shut with a gentle pull, he fell asleep because of the sleep deprivation he had just went through. At first, Zeal and Germany were quite concerned by his unknown intentions to Philip, but trusted him to do nothing after China signaled for them to keep quiet with his index finger.

A few hours later, Philip decided to thank China for watching over him as he slept by offering him tea. But he did not expect to catch him still sleeping. Unfortunately, his supposed thanks turned out to be disastrous  and caused China his peaceful rest.

Because of a loud crash that came right after the sound of door closing, China was startled awake. To access the situation, he immediately stood up and pretended to not have been startled awake to avoid embarrassment.

And for a moment he stands there frozen in confusion. Not knowing what his next move should be, he spoke gently in order to not sadden the embarrassed rabbit even more. He intended to sound quite gentle with some sense of care in his voice, but he ended up sounding just a little less indifferent than usual with his poker face.

'You're finally back, Phil'

Philip nods while hiding his face because of embarrassment. He refuses to look at China because China might start laughing at him for tripping, when he only wanted to do something nice for him. With each step China took to approach him, the rogue color on his face reddened even more. And ever so gently, China grabbed Phil's hands to lower them from hiding his blushing face. 'It's alright, Phil. Stop hiding your face. I appreciate your effort, so stop sulking and let's go clean up the mess you made' It almost seems surreal to hear such words from China. How did he go from trying to kill him to this. Confusion fills his mind, but he is just relieved that China has no intent of killing him again... for now.

'This set can be replaced, but it's truly a shame that we can't get back the time effort you put into preparing this for me when you could have spent it on just sitting down beside me and watching me sleep just as how I did with you'

Philip's face reddened even more making him   hide again by covering his face with the silver tray. China's cold sharp claws met with Phil's beautiful hands, accidentally leaving a small scratch on his right hand. China felt triggered by his own actions. He should have been more careful in order to not have accidentally injured Phil's hands. Normally people would apologize, but China said nothing so Philip just got up for a moment before helping him collect the big pieces of shattered ceramic glass off the floor and on to the tray again. China kept staring nonchalantly at Philip's face, trying to figure out why he has the extreme urge to hold hands with Philip.

After a while, the realization that he had just flirted with Philip when just a while ago he was trying to kill him, finally registered in his brain. Just then, China started walking quite fast to get out of the room, to leave Philip to finish sweeping and wiping up the mess he had made. But with one shout of his name from Phil's mouth, he stopped dead in his tracks like his life depended on it. To lessen the confusion and despair China is feeling, he shouted that he is still going to try his earnest to kill Philip. Philip is disturbed by the threat but he still had the courage to tell him thanks.

After that, he went looking for Mexico but was not successful so he just asked for Mexico's whereabouts when he saw Germany. In response, Germany told him that they sent Mexico home after scolding him for having failed to keep him safe.

Already knowing what Phil was thinking, Germany halted him by telling him that he isn't allowed to go out wandering right after what had happened yesterday, since it would be dangerous to risk it happening again. Germany offered to go somewhere nice with Philip, but was quickly rejected by Philip asking for China's whereabouts instead.

"Why are you asking about where China is? Would you rather go to him than to spend time with me?"

Being cornered by such a question, Phil has no choice but to agree to the proposed hangout.

'Where are you going to take me?'

"If I were to tell you, It wouldn't be a surprise anymore"

Everyday is a crazy adventure for Philip. Never knowing where destiny takes him and what the universe has in store for him, he continues to face every challenge. And slowly, he is forgetting the fact that he is trapped in here against his will in the first place, since this forest is starting to feel like home to him. Philip followed Germany without any further questions.

Meanwhile, China is battling his inner demons about wanting to ask Philip to come with him in choosing a new set to replace the set Phil broke.

And at a far distance, a flying fiend spies on Philip's every move.