Latoa the Little

Kink detected a scent. It was not a demisoc, a deformed kitten that was cast out into the world by the mintuff, or obea as the wild wolves called it. It smelled of the mountains and the frosty snow. Must be from the Pod of White Marble. Kink's head was raised, listening for sounds of the cat and smells.

Kink heard a light ruffle in the green bushes. "You are a Shaman, right?" The voice came. A small, sleek calico she-cat stepped out, her amber eyes mysterious and haunted.

"Yes.." Kink meowed, backing up as she saw how ghostly the small calico's eyes looked.

"I am Latoa. They call me Latoa the Little, for I am the smallest adult cat in the Pod of White Marble. Our mintuff, Valune, has cast away a tiny orange tabby tom. He is tailless. That is a disgrace to our bloodlines. I feared for him. He was my sister Junteka's little kitten.." She trailed off as her amber eyes brimmed with tears, looking like one of the fast-moving, wet waterfalls that shot off of the large, jutting white cliffs. "I was hoping you could take him in as a Shaman. I've heard from Ritu you could always have a helping hand."

"I.. um.." Kink stuttered, shuffling her paws

Suddenly a shadow loomed over Kink. "We will." A sharp voice meowed. It was Ritu.

Kink turned around. "The forgetful potion has finished brewing?" She asked quietly.

"Yes," Ritu looked down. "I put every last fire-colored drop in the cups. We will go and find that orange kitten." She mewed.

Latoa curtly nodded, and vanished. Kink was ready for the adventure.