10: Ten

W

I lick the strawberry ice cream that Sunghoon got me from the convenience store that is on my way home silently as we're walking together to my house. I told him to go home I stop crying, but Sunghoon keep insisting and now as you can see, he even bought me an ice cream.

'You're eating so silently, but I can tell you're really enjoying it' Sunghoon said, I turn to him and see him smile and looking at me.

'It's strawberry, what can't go wrong?' I said as I continue to enjoy my ice cream.

'Yes miss, enjoy your ice cream' Sunghoon said in a cute way, I turn to glance at him. 

As soon as we reach my house, I pause. Sunghoon pause his steps as well when he saw I stop walking. I look at the person who is walking back and forth in front of my house while his head is lowering down, Sunghoon's follows my stare and he'd finally noticed who is in front of my house.

'Jay' Sunghoon's voice make Jay turn to look at us.

'You're here' Jay said as he is staring at both of us. 

'You should go home, I'm going in' I turn to tell Sunghoon before I walk directly toward my house gate. Jay suddenly block my way, I look up at him and he also looks at me.

'Can we talk?' 

-

Just like that, we ended up sitting on the bench in the small park that is not that far from our home.

'Just say it quick' I said with a firm tone, Jay glance at me and I just look straight up at whatever that is in front of me.

'Wonyoung-ah, you've know we've been friends for many years right?' Jay asked me, I didn't respond and just nod.

'And that feeling for me toward you, it was always friend' Jay continued.

'I know, I ran away and cried after that because I am embarrassed that I shouted it out loud in public' I said and there was a silence between us.

'To be honest, I always know that you always seen me as friend. It just that sometimes, you've always confused me with your actions' I added and I turn to look at him before I continue.

'You know some actions, when we were young; maybe yeah, it can be considered as a caring actions toward a friend, but when we get older, our perspective can change. 

Like, if I started to like you, then my whole perspective is that it is confusing. 

Deep down, like I said, I probably know that you only did it to me because I am your close friend but I'm kind of upset too that your actions toward me can't be more than that' I said.

Jay just sit there and look at me, waiting to listen to what I've wanted to said.

'I'm not planning to confess to you, but it was just, I got mad and annoyed. For a second, I acted before I even think' I said as I can feel myself tearing up due to embarrassment and the  feeling of a clear rejection.

'To be honest, if you're not going to said it this afternoon, I was planning to inform you guys that I'm seeing someone' Jay said with a guilty expression, I look at him.