9: Nine

S

'Wah!' Wonyoung and I said let out a heavy sigh in unison as we rest our backs on to our chair  feeling much relaxed after we done our first partner pin up for our lecturer.

'Yo, are you guys going to be okay? This is just your first semester' Jay who is sitting across us said as he laughs.

'Who knows, I might drop out and go to be your junior later' I said as I am still laying my back on the chair and stare to the ceiling of the coffee shop.

'Me too, you should teach us the foundation of computer science already. So, we can be well prepare for next year' Wonyoung rises up from her seat. 

As soon as Wonyoung ended her sentence, Jay knocks her head and Wonyoung cover her forehead and winces in pain.

'You think coding is easy huh? Nothing is easy' Jay said.

Wonyoung gives Jay a glare and she rolls her eyes before she lays herself back to the chair. I can't help but laugh at her. 

'You're laughing?' Wonyoung gives me a side eyes. I shut my mouth and pretend not to hear her.

'You're the one who gave out the idea' Wonyoung mumbles loud enough for me to hear, I glance at her, I can't help but smile at how silly she is.

'But, Sunghoon-ah' Wonyoung turns lift up from her seat again and turns to look at me. I look at her.

'Uh?' I said as I was waiting for her to say something.

'Are you really okay?' Wonyoung asks and she is staring into my soul, it's like she's trying to analyze me before I even give out my answer. To be honest, I'm not really okay. But, being with them and with all those school works and midterm, I don't have time to think about it much.

Besides, it's not like we ended in good term, it was a bad breakup anyway. I don't feel any attachment left for her, but more like I'm scared and insecure now; why was I cheated on. It was a repetitive question that came to my mind whenever I have free time to think about something.

I slightly smile.

Wonyoung's face suddenly has a change in expression, the curiosity on her face died down and a look of concern shows up.

'You're not..' 

'Hey, give me some attention. I'm here too or I'm leaving. It's like I'm third wheeling you two here' Jay's words caught Wonyoung's attention away from me. Her expression changed again, she turns to look at Jay.

'Why, are you jealous?' Wonyoung asks.

'Why would I?' as soon as Jay said that, my eyes automatically revert to Wonyoung, Wonyoung just look at Jay with straight expression.

They both are staring at each other.

'Yeah, why would you be?' Wonyoung's tone drops cold, Wonyoung ended her eyes contact with Jay and grabs her phone from the table and scroll around in silence.

'Suddenly, why are you silent?' Jay asked, I turn to look at him and he looks at me back, trying to mouthed at me and asked 'What's with her?'

I roll my eyes and sigh, I can't believe he doesn't have a bit of clue that she likes him.

'Seriously, what's with you? I feel like these days you're getting mad at me without any logic' Jay looks back at Wonyoung.

'It's not unlogic, you're just too dumb to notice it' Wonyoung said as she keeps her eyes on her phone.

This is getting out of hand.

'Then if I'm dumb, why can't you tell me?' Jay raises his voice a bit.

'Let's sto-' I was trying to break down their argument, but Wonyoung slams the table.

'It's because I like you!' Wonyoung shouts at Jay. 

I flinch a bit and glance around, the whole coffee shop is now silence and I can see everyone is glancing at our table. I turn to look at Jay who is now looking as stunt as everyone else who is staring at our table. 

While Wonyoung who is besides me is in rage, Wonyoung glances around to see that everyone looking at her. She then turns to look at me, her eyes are tearing up. I freeze, I don't know what to do.

'Won-' as I called out her name, Wonyoung grabs her belonging and leave the shop quickly. I turn to look at Jay who is still in shock and turn to look at the door which Wonyoung just exited.

I mess my hair and get up to follow her. I rush outside and look right and left to see which direction she is going to. My vision slowly spot her walking in fast pace on my right direction. I quickly run to catch up with her.

'Wonyoung!' I shout out her name, Wonyoung didn't turn around to look at me.

'Hey, Jang Wonyoung!' I shout her name again, this time she stop walking and turn to look at me, I rush to where she stands and stop in front of her when I reached her.  I try to catch my breath and guess what, before I even open my mouth. Wonyoung did it first and she yaps at me.

'Don't follow me! You stupid penguin!' 

Woah. 

Everyone who walk pass us, start to whisper to their group of mates and some give me a stare. Am I being victimized again? I sigh and I grab something out of my backpack.

'It's not a great thing to cry out in the middle of daylight like this you know' I try to say something to console her as I wipe her tears out with my thumb softly. I put my cap on her head and wear a new white disposable mask for her.

Wonyoung sobs.

'Why did you followed me? that was so embarrassing' she starts crying again.

'Ah Ah, stop crying. What's so embarrassing? You just showing your emotions, it's okay because he is dumb. So, I understand why you acted like that' I tried to say everything I can. Gosh, I never console anyone besides my ex, not even my sister. 

'But the others who are in there don't understand' Wonyoung said while she is still crying her eyes out.

'Who care if they don't understand? It's not like you're going to see them everyday. They probably forget it the next day. Isn't it enough if it's only me who understood? Since I will be with you everyday' I said and Wonyoung suddenly quiet down.

As she is quiet down, I try to lower my head and peeks at her. Wonyoung's eyes lock with mine and she quickly hit my head. I yelp and caress my head.

'Why did you look at me?' Wonyoung scolds me and she starts crying again.

I'm currently praying in every religions, please stop her. Just like that, I continue to feed Wonyoung with my words of consolation and affirmation until she cools down.

--------------

UPDATED!

I hope you enjoy this chapter! <3