Chapter 1, The Awakening

A/N; Hey!!! Moon here. First of all, the cover image wasn't working and I'm trying my hardest to fix it, so as of now it's just my profile picture. The cover I'm trying to use is (Yes, I made it, but the background pic is photoshopped) the image above. The cover I HOPE will be placed there soon, but um, yeah. Also, on the note of the story itself, the story will mostly follow Link's journey through Botw, but the world will have been largely influenced by (Y/N), who WILL appear at the end of the story. I'm afraid that (Y/N) Will not appear until later in this (after the great plateau) but she will have a hugely main role in Totk, assuming I'm dedicated enough to make it not only through this book but start another. Also, the story will start with link in the shrine of resurrection, but he will obtain all memories plus some extras I'll be adding. Oh! And on the note of shrines and puzzles, I will be doing some, including all great plateau shrines and divine beasts plus some others if I'm feeling up to looking up what they are. Also, feel free to correct me if I get some deatails of Botw wrong. I trust myself, having beaten the game many times, but help is appreciated, please, not hate though. As for the, 'This is a video game and some things just don't make sense aspect of the story, I'll be working around that as much as possible, but things like the way monsters and animals die, as well as cooking, will stay. Also, link has a magic pouch that makes everything weightless and has a lot of room, because the whole, 'Link can carry link half a billion pounds' ain't gonna work, and on a similar note, links weapon holdy thingy is magic and magically makes a sheath for whatever weapon is on it, because that is another thing that just doesn't work. Yeah! Now, Onto the story!!!

Link POV:

Darkness. Dark and shadows are all I remember, and all that plague my vision. Until, they weren't. 

A bright golden light began as a dot in the center of my vision, but as it grew, I felt a warmth seep onto my skin, as well as a muffled voice.

"...Open your eyes..."

Just like that, I was engulfed in yellow gold light.

"Open your eyes..."

My vision unblurred as I stared up at the ceiling to see a spiraling blue and brown structure above me.

I felt liquid slide off my skin as I lay dazed in an unfamiliar environment.

"Wake up, Link." The voice, which I now believed belonged to a girl, beckoned.

I looked around slightly from my current position, before sitting up to further gaze around. I carefully crawled out of what seemed to be a technological bathtub, and got to my feet as I jumped out, noticing that I wore only boxers. 

I once again looked around from my new vantage point to see a strange room, the walls covered with glowing orange constellations, and the strange bath as a center piece. Then, I noticed the pedestal.

As I walked over to it to examine it, it began to twist, and a strange looking device popped out. The voice called out again. 

"That is a Sheikah Slate. Take it. It will help guide you after your long slumber."

Slumber, Sheikah Slate? First I'm hearing of this, but... this... slate, I guess, seems oddly familiar.

I reached my hand out to grab the slate, and as I retrieved it, the screen suddenly lit up and showed a symbol that greatly resembled an eye. I studied the device carefully. It was an ash brown tablet that had lighter brown accents as well as glowing blue and orange parts. On the back of it was another strange eye with a line coming from below it and three triangles on top. Above the eye was a light brown handle, and below was a circular tab that looked as if it could be pulled out, but I decided not to test my luck.

I attached the slate to a belt around my waist, and took a step back, startled, and thin rectangular sections of the wall began to be pulled into the ceiling, revealing a doorway. As I walked into the second room, I noticed two stone chests as well as a variety of broken barrels and wooden boxes, both of which I deduced I had no way to break. 

I kicked the chest on the right open, immediately regretting it as I hopped around clutching my poor toes. However, as I looked inside, I was rewarded with a neatly folded pair of brown pants. As I slipped the pants on, I noticed that they were a pit short, however, the brown boots that had been tucked beneath them fit well. I opened the next chest the same way, grateful when the boots protected my feet. Inside, I saw a tan tunic. As I slipped the tunic on, I found that, like the pants, it was too small, but I slipped on another belt? (idk what it's called) over my shoulder and under my arm, and I suspected that it could be used to hold various tools.

As I walked to another wall with rectangular poles, I noticed something similar to the pedestal where I had retrieved the Sheikah Slate.

"Hold the Sheikah Slate up to the pedestal. That will show you the way."

As I did as She commanded, text appeared on the slate.

"Authenticating"

"Sheikah Slate confirmed."

With a rumble and another blue eye, the door opened just as the last, sunshine flooding the dim room as I walked in front of it. I brought my hand to my eyes to shield them, before staring.

"Link..." the voice said my name once again.

"You are the light-our light-that must shine upon Hyrule once again. Now, go..."

The light dimmed, revealing a staircase that led to what I could only assume was the Hyrule She had spoken of.

As I climbed the steps, the staircase stopped very suddenly, revealing a puddle and a rock wall. I easily walked through the puddle, scaling the wall in a single jump, before continuing up the stairs and out into the world.

I ran through the beautiful grassy field, taking in every inch of the world around me as I stopped at a cliff over looking this kingdom, a place I remember not, but loved all the same. A forest below me, a volcano to the north, and a mountain on the other side. This was my kingdom. This was Hyrule.

A/N; Sorry for the short chapter. From now on, until Link leaves the great plateau, the chapter will end after Link completes a shrine, and after he leaves, I'll just make chapters roughly 3000 words.