𝟎𝟗 || 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋

Start from the beginning

A remote was laid on top of the covers, and I could only assume it was for whatever top of the line electronic devices were hidden inside of the room. I guessed this is was how you lived when you were a billionaire.

Another door connected to the wall opposite to my room was left open. I took a peak, only for it to reveal one hell of a walk in closet. It was a sight to behold, organized meticulously with ample space to accommodate all my belongings. I noticed my clothes, neatly hung and organized by color, awaiting my attention. All of my shoes were placed along the shelves, and purses as well. It only disturbed me a little that someone had seen all of my clothing.

And then there was another door, which would probably lead into another series of doors, like some strange horror movie. I turned the knob, and found myself standing in front of the most luxurious bathroom that had ever existed. It was surreal.

My jaw was quite literally to the floor. Sure, my family was rich, but not this rich. My parent's place was traditional, while this was just some next level modern shit.

And then it dawned on me. What the hell did this man do for a living? It had been made clear that whatever he did was dangerous, so he must've been getting paid a lot to be able to live like this. Maybe he was in a gang. That would explain him returning to the restaurant all bloody and beat up.

I didn't even bother to take a deeper look into the bathroom. Instead, I shut the door, and did the same to the closet door. I sat by the edge of my bed, suddenly overwhelmed by my living situation.

This wasn't me. I didn't deserve to be living like this in this twisted luxury, not after what I had done.

I didn't deal well with change either. The reason that I hadn't broken down crying yet was because so much had happened to me that I hadn't had time to even begin to process it all. The tears would probably come in 2 days at the least, and then they wouldn't stop for another week.

_______

In the time that followed, I basically just stayed cooped up in my room, FaceTiming Mae and Ryla. I didn't bother trying to explore the house further, since I would probably just be in Dominic's way, and I had all the time in the world to explore later.

I ended up telling Mae and Ryla all about the reason why I left the club without them, what happened at the restaurant, and where I was now.

"So when do we get to come over?" Asked Mae, her hand resting on her cheek with a smile. Ryla and her were together in Mae's apartment, but Ryla seemed to be paying more attention to her phone than to our conversation.

"Honestly?" I took a breath and lowered my voice. "Not for like- a really long time. We're not exactly on the best of terms." I said, not being totally sure on how to word my sudden hatred for this man.

Mae's eyebrows furrowed as she rolled over onto her back, still keeping Ryla in the frame. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I shrugged. "I don't know." My train of thought stopped for a moment. I didn't know why I really hated him. Sure, he was everything I was against; men who lie, men who have big egos, billionaires, but that was all of the information that I had gathered from the course of only 5 days. How much would I find out during the rest of my life? Maybe he wasn't so awful.

My actual train of thought came back, and yes. Yes, he was definitely awful. "We just.. we just don't get along. He's kind of a huge dick."