𝟎𝟖 || 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋

Start from the beginning

I couldn't catch a damn break.

"Let me guess, you didn't. Didn't even think of it." I paused. "Is this situation similar as to when you decided to marry me off to a self centred lunatic?" Just a hint of attitude and bitterness in my voice. Maybe more.

My father sighed deeply. "He's a good man, Violet. It'll take time for you to understand since you've been living in a world that makes you immature." I wanted to crash this car just to make him stop talking.

"He makes smart decisions, he is an intelligent man, and that is what got him to the top."

I inhaled sharply. "The decisions he makes aren't smart, they're just random decisions that he makes because he can. He has nothing to lose because he has privileges that billions of other people will never get the chance to have, and that shouldn't give him any fucking praise." I cursed frustratingly.

My father was too privileged now to understand what a privilege was. It was almost as if he had forgotten what our family went through.

He raised an eyebrow. "And how do you think you know him so well?"

"Because he's you. He's exactly like you." I choked out.

"You're sick and twisted men who swim in money that millions of people actually need because believe it or not, there's people- children dying. But instead of acknowledging it, you throw your money at cars and paintings. Because apparently that matters more to you than people's lives."

A pause. "He uses the connections that have been provided to him, not because he earned them, not because he's smart. That is what got him on top."

"You've got quite a mouth while you've forgotten that you wouldn't be here without the connections that I have made for you." He raised his voice angrily.

I really ended his ego there, didn't I?

It was true. I had plenty of connections that did make me happy, but I didn't need them.  I was grateful for everything that was given to me, but I never asked for any of this.

"I never wanted to be here!" I practically yelled. "You only had to use three goddamn brain cells to realize that. I would have been perfectly fine living in a one bedroom apartment if it meant that I got to have a normal life, with normal parents- parents who actually loved me."

Nothing but silence filled the car.  Typical, honestly. He can't even admit that he doesn't love his own daughter.

The car was moving now. Was it? I couldn't really tell.

"I deserve better than you." I unbuckled my seatbelt, opened the door, and then stepped a foot out of the moving vehicle. I stumbled a little, almost falling flat on my face onto the pavement.

The car continued to move with the door hanging open, but I just walked away. My father hadn't even processed what I had done before he kept driving.

I didn't even care that he was cutting me off. This was just the final straw. My heart raced with frustration, trying to comprehend what had just happened, what I had just done.

Was I losing my mind? Who steps out of a moving vehicle?

_______