~70~ Shouting Match In The Hall

Start from the beginning

The hospital doors opened again and Hagrid walked in. "I've ... I've done it, Professor," he choked. "M – moved him. Professor Sprout's got the kids back in bed. Professor Flitwick's lyin' down but he says he'll be all right in a jiffy, an' Professor Slughorn says the Ministry's bin informed."

 "Thank you, Hagrid," said Professor McGonagall, standing up at once and turning to look at the group around Bill's bed. "I shall have to see the Ministry when they get here. Hagrid, please tell the Heads of House – Slughorn can represent Slytherin – that I want to see them in my office forthwith. I would like you to join us, too."

As Hagrid nodded, turned and shuffled out of the room again, she looked down at Harry. "Before I meet them I would like a quick word with you, Harry. If you'll come with me ..."

Harry looked to all of us and muttered, "See you later."

We all watched as he followed McGonagall out of the Hospital Wing. 

I sighed, leaning against Remus. "I should have asked McGonagall if I can go see Shay."

"They just got all the students to bed Sara." Remus said softly. "You can see him tomorrow."

"I suppose." I watched Mrs. Weasley and Fleur, who were not hugging anymore, but were standing side by side as they still looked down at Bill. "Hey Rem?"

I was speaking so softly so that only he could hear me. 

"Yes?" he whispered back.

"Have you ever- have you ever thought -of...." I trailed off.

"Thought of what darling?" he prompted.

"Marriage?"

Remus stiffened slightly. "Well I.. I mean...."

It turned out the others could hear our conversation too.

"You two live togezzer." Fleur said. 

"Yeah, for like the past two years." Tonks said, while Ollie nodded. 

"But marriage is.... it feels different... I mean my condition-" Remus started. 

"I don't give a crap about your stupid condition dumbass." I huffed. "Haven't these past two years taught you nothing about me?"

"I know." Remus sighed. "I know Sara. I know. But it's just, I don't know...you'll be bound to me if we get married. The Ministry-"

"Can kiss my ass." I snapped. 

"Can we talk about this later." Remus asked, exasperated. 

"Fine." I crossed my arms and moved to stand next to Tonks and Ollie instead.

"Sara." Remus looked at me wearily. 

I just turned my head away.

Mrs. Weasley shook her head. "I keep telling you you're being idiotic Remus."

"You've talked about this before?" I narrowed my eyes.

"He's come to me about it before." Mrs. Weasley said. 

"You have?" I turned to Remus.

"I have." he sighed. "I've been thinking about it for a while but... I don't know. Like I said, the thought of it is just so-"

He trailed off and I dropped the subject. 

The next day, just a bit after noon,  I set off to find my brother, with Remus by my side. I found him right away, walking towards the Great Hall with Dean.

"SHAY!" I cried.

Shay turned around and sprinted towards me, barreling into me. I stumbled backwards at his force. "Woah there Bráthair."