Chapter 32: Goals

Joe's POV:
"Summer?!" I grabbed her arm and she twisted herself around to face me. She hadn't said a word to me since we both left the room and after she said she was going to date and love me. I'd always been aware that something was there between us, it felt like there always had been since the day we met but love, love wasn't something that I'd never been expecting.
"What Joe?" She snapped and I let go, standing up straighter and more alert.
"I'm sorry," I looked to the floor and scratched the back of my neck nervously and honestly, I was slightly embarrassed with myself.
"Don't do that," Summer crossed her arms and shifted the weight into her left side, looking me up and down.
"Do what?" I looked up from the floor at her position.
"That! The arm thing, have you noticed its irresistible?" Instantly, I removed my arm reluctantly from my neck and returned my view to the floor, I felt my face heat up.
"All your fans think so," she got into the passenger seat of the car and I got in the other side. I wasn't really sure what was happening and what she was talking about.
"Really? I haven't wanted to go on YouTube," I shook my head. Ever since the video of me was posted by about 10 people and was shared by a further three million (plus), I wasn't in the mood for seeing what people had to say about me.
"Yeah, they love you. You know that you can't avoid YouTube forever, Joe it's your life! Who gives about a damn video, no one can be perfect. You can't even get close, no offence but it's impossible, trust me. You try and you try, it just doesn't work," she shrugged her shoulders and something inside me pained. Not because she told me I couldn't be perfect, but because she said that she couldn't be perfect. I was afraid to ask what she meant by trying again and again. Had she tried? "You try everything: not eating, dying your hair, cutting your hair, wearing layers of makeup and adding harmful chemicals to your face and skin. It works, for a few days. Then you have to do it again, it's worthless," the pain returned and I didn't know what to do or say. I looked at her, she had sadness written all over her and it hurt like hell.
"You know you may not be perfect," I paused when she looked up at me, there was hope in her eyes. "But your pretty damn cool!" S*it, I cursed myself. I bailed on myself and instead, made her laugh nervously.
"Let's go," I started the engine and we continued to drive off in silence. As awkward as it was, we didn't try and make any stupid questions that just lead to a dead end conversation.
-
"Ugh, home sweet home," Summer exclaimed as she entered her flat. I semi-expected her to call out for Lisa but instead, she walked over to a pink, love heart note on the kitchen counter.
"Gone out with Aiden, be home later, hope everything with Ruby went okay, she called here looking for you and said it was urgent, Lisa x, of course. I swear, something is going on with Aiden and her," she chucked the note, aiming it at the counter but it missed and floated delicately down onto the floor. I retrieved it and examined the tiny handwriting on the paper and read it from a few centimetres below my face. My vision had never been 20/20 and at this freakishly small print, I needed a magnifying glass to read it at normal distance. I could make out something a bout me and a #Jummer was scripted at the bottom.
"Ugh there's so much bloody drama!" I put the note down just as Summer turned to me, unable to finish reading the note. I was now intrigued into what was written about me on the girly note. "Why can't something just go right? I mean Caspar and I went up in flames when I thought he was the best guy in the world. Then, Ruby got pregnant and then she lost the baby, now my mums annoyed and I just don't know, I feel like moving away to like...Japan or something," luckily, she spit out a laugh when she mentioned moving to Japan because I was unable to hold mine back. "Anyway, you need to do a video, it is hashtag Sugg Sunday after all!" I smiled at the use of the word and as much as I just wanted to hide away from the Internet for a while, it was not only my life, but it was my job and my pure source of income, I had no choice but to film.
"I'm afraid I only have a vlogging camera, but I mean, it's better than nothing," I pulled out my small, black Canon camera and switched it on. A small beeping noise came from it and the screen lit up.
"Aha, well that's cool," she laughed and walked away and out into the kitchen.
"What do you think your doing?" I pretended to be annoyed but instead, couldn't hold back a laugh after I'd finished my question.
"Walking to the kitchen," I started recording on my camera.
"Summer, come over here!" I heard a muffled huff and then she walked back into the living room. Turning the camera around, I captured her with her hand in a bag of Doritos. "Summer everyone!" I turned it back to my face and heard the bag drop. She came running over to me.
"Joe," she gave me puppy dog eyes as I continued to record her. I'm sure all my internal organs melted at the look on her face. "Pwease?" She pouted and pleaded me. I then completely forgot about the camera which was recording every minute and lifted up her chin so her eyes were directly looking up into mine. We had those relationship goals: I was taller than her, she would eat her heart out in front of me and we were fighting over the camera. What sort of goals don't we have?
"Summer," I leaned in a kissed her. This time, it wasn't for revenge or to shut her up. It was a proper kiss in a proper relationship filled with love, passion and cheesy Dorito breath.
"Joe?" Summer looked up at me and I looked down at her, I couldn't help think about how beautiful and how perfect she looked in my eyes. "I love you," she then pulled around a hand of whipped cream and slapped me right around the face, leaving white foam all over my right side and in my hair. "I finally got the Prank King! I pranked him," She wrapped her arms around my neck and I laughed. She seemed so joyful and happy.
"Of course you did, Prank Queen!" We laughed together.
______________________
1171 words in this one, I'm dead proud of myself! So anyway, it finally is happening!!?! WHUUUUTTTTTTT?!
YAAASSSSSS! It's happening!
So I'm also looking for a new cover if anyone's willing, has to have 'falling for Caspar's roommate' written on it as well as my user and I'll follow you and you'll get special mention on my page and in this book 💙