29 - Always You

Começar do início

Lee Know stared at him. "But she...me..."

"Listen, I can't lie and say I don't have feelings for her anymore. But I've seen the way you two interact and the way your body language responds to each other, and I know that she makes you happy. And Minho, all I've ever wanted was for you to be happy. Yun, as well."

A tear fell down Lee Know's cheek.

"Okay, Chan. I'll try."

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

The next day, Lee Know got up from his bed too fast, causing him to bleed internally. Even the main medics were scared to hurt him further, and Yun was assigned to work on him.

She walked into his room with a bloodshot eye and an extremely stiff body. It was painfully silent as she treated him.

As she finished up, he cleared his throat. "What happened to your eye?"

She glared at him. "Why do you care?"

He stared at the wall behind her. "I just want to know."

She softened and sat down beside him. "Well, one day, a man came by my alley and tried to kidnap me. He was much stronger than me and so, he told me that we could make a deal. I either come home with him or I give up my eye. Did he need an eye? Was it just for pleasure? I'll never know. He cut my eye out and I fell unconscious before he even finished. When I woke up, blinded in one eye, there was a bag of money that hardly compensated for anything."

He sucked in a sharp breath. "Yun..." He reached out to grab her hand but she pulled back quickly.

"You can't just play with my emotions like that," she said, now angry. "You – you keep giving me signs and then become cold and then you reject me and now you want to hold my hand. What do you want? The least you can do is reject me properly so I can move on. C'mon, do it," she dared.

He sighed and tried sitting up, but she placed a hand on his chest and pushed him down. "I...like you, Yun. But–"

"Oh my god, Lee Know, just tell me how you feel without any strings! Do you like me the way I lov–" she caught herself. "–like you? If not, just say it and I'll respect your boundaries."

His breath got caught in his throat as tears fell down her face.

Fuck it. "Because I really do love you, Minho," she whispered, just like on that first day he had woken up. "And I'll always understand whatever you say."

Her nose was red, her cheeks were flushed and he couldn't do a single thing but stare.

"Say something," she begged. All her walls were down, and she was here, completely exposed, begging for a man to say something.

"I love you, Yun-Yeong," he said. If I could live this life all over again, I would always end up loving you. "Please stay. Don't leave, okay?"

Relief flooded her eyes. "I won't. I'll stay with you for as long as you want me to," she said, the exact same way as a long time ago, like a script they both knew.

"Then stay forever."

She leaned down to press a kiss against his forehead. "Come to me when you're not delirious from pain meds and we can talk."

He fell unconscious at that moment.

————

what are artists you guys listen to? i listen to stray kids (obviously), le sserafim, new jeans, gidle, aespa, doja cat, ariana grande, and arctic monkeys mostly 😄

it's crazy to think that i've been a stay for more than 5 years 🥲 i feel like i was just watching the survival show. time flies

also i'm adding 3 photos now!!