part 21

Save a horse, ride a cowboy —————————————————————— I brush my sweaty hands against my skirt

——————————————————————

I brush my sweaty hands against my skirt. I fix the collar on my shirt and sit down next to Nikki. He glances at me and gives me a small smile oblivious to what is going on inside my head.

We sit waiting for the first girl to interview for the nanny job. What Emi said has been spinning through my mind.

Can I just clarify I trust Nikki....

But I am a woman and i'm territorial, and fine yes I get jealous easily....

" Okay so the first girl is Jessica " Nikki reads from a sheet he printed out with the girls profiles. 

I nod in response as Nikki stands up and welcomes Jessica into the room.

She's a tall, blonde and youthful.

Crap.

" Hi " She smiles sweetly shaking my hand.

She takes a seat opposite us.

" So Jessica we read in your profile that your a business student " Nikki asks and she nods profusely.

" Yes, I have one year left and plan to take time afterwards to go travel with my boyfriend around Asia " She smiles.

Her boyfriend, course she has a boyfriend.

" so I assume that why you need the nanny job " I ask her.

" Well yes, I already have the most of the money saved up but a few more dollars in the piggy bank would be nice, and I used to babysit before college so I am well used to dealing with children" I can see out the corner of my eye Nikki glancing at me.

I'll admit she has all the answers.

" So you're experienced in minding kids, so I assume you can change a diaper, cook, bath kids" Nikki asks her. She nods her head again.

" Exactly all that, I understand this is an incredibly responsible job and that parents are putting their trust in me to keep their kids safe and I can ensure you that's exactly what I will do" Damn she's good.

Nikki smiles greatly clearly loving her answer.

" Well okay thank you Jessica, we will contact you soon to let you know " Nikki says standing up and escorting her out.

He comes back smiling.

" She's perfect no? " He stands in front of me.