40

Morning seemed to drag around slowly; it was hard to tell when morning truly came when the rooms did not have windows that looked out to the world beyond the base. But a natural body clock was the only hint that morning had come, it was a routinely thing to wake at a specific time, even here in the base being an early riser was something that hadn't slipped Kotallo by. It probably didn't help that during the night he would wake and check on Nureka.

Though she had settled easily enough, and had gone to sleep relatively easily after managing to take something for her pain, it didn't help his subconscious niggling away at him. It was as if it was wanting to just get cheap shots in that something drastically bad would happen while she was asleep beside him. As it was, no, nothing happened and she woke up not that long after him albeit groggier than him. Kotallo just presumed pain was kicking in already, her expression was strained and he was just going to further presume he was right.

Much like the evening, Kotallo aided in sitting her up, she was still a bit stiff but she seemed steadier on her legs as she pottered about her room, so at least some improvement had happened. He was aware to her seeking out pain relief already as he was strapping armour to himself. It seemed leaning down was still causing issues because as he turned, he watched her kick her boots towards the chair.

He just sighed and looked at her plainly, Nureka swallowed whatever she had taken and shyly smiled back at him. He got it, she didn't want to be a hindrance, but aiding her wouldn't be such a thing. Stepping around the chair and watching as she was going to kick the boots again, Kotallo just picked them up and got a grumble for it. "Though I don't doubt your kicking abilities, I feel like not everything can be solved by your feet." He said while popping the boots back down in front of her.

"I can try."

"Please don't." Kotallo frowned and looked around before spotting her leather sleeveless jerkin and going to retrieve it for her. He doubted the tightness of the top over all the bandages would be comfortable, but then again it might help relieve some pressure. With busted ribs though, the only thing a tight fit top would do, would no doubt bring some discomfort and pain. She didn't have any other loose tops though.

She managed to bend one leg over the other once she stuffed her foot in her boots and tie the laces up. She seemed a lot more able than in the evening, so some healing had already started. Taking her top from his hand she nodded her thanks and pulled it slowly on, as Kotallo predicted she did wince a little, and that only seemed to double when she tied the cords at the collar up.

Patting her thighs, she inhaled slowly and steadied herself against the table and stood up. Kotallo did hold up his hand to steady her, Nureka smiled kindly and gestured a hand back at him. "I've got this, trust me." She said while he still looked rather uncertain. Yes, she wasn't as unsteady on her legs, but that wasn't to say she looked the most stable and up for a sprint or spar match. In fact, even getting up and getting ready for the day had seemingly made her look more tired than she did when she first woke.

Kotallo just inclined his head, she had got this far in life and recovered from what she had said were bad scenarios, this was just another to bounce back from. She didn't need constant fussing over, but he also couldn't tamper down his concern. But also, he was leaving soon, that was something they both knew. He needed to go to the Grove, there was no two ways about that, recovering or not, concerned or not, it was something which neither could avoid, and she would need to be able to get through everyday tasks without him maybe having too much input. That wasn't to say he didn't think their friends wouldn't help her, if she needed it. However, she was bloody stubborn and knew full well the likelihood of her asking for aid was slim to none.

Exiting the room, the last thing they expected to see was Erend and how animated he was. Alva was sitting at the counter on a stool watching him curiously too, noticing Nureka slightly wobbling over, she hooked out a seat next to her and smiled back when the Banuk looked thankful of her aid. Though animated, and sounding rather perky, it wasn't missed by both females of the tankard that was seated in front of the stool he previously occupied. Even Zo at the far end of the structural island looked warily from it, to Erend and then hesitantly towards Kotallo who, for the most part seemed to pace the length of the counter.