𝖙𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐭𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

"w-well I've just never seen you before." She waved off, dropping that defensive stance, but still choosing a tone that felt like somehow, she was the one looking down on me, despite me having at least an entire foot over her in height.

"you work seven days a week?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow

"Well, Monday through Friday, yes." she shrugged.

"Im guessing you don't see many black people in between then huh?" I asked flatly.

That question caused that whole pretentious face to drop, her tone took a ghostly pale shade, while she forced a nervous chuckle.

"my mistake sir, It's not that, I-I just, never mind, you go right ahead." she struggled, tucking the loose brunette strands of her hair behind her ear.

Our conversation ended after that, and I went ahead and continued walking toward my destination.

I mean technically, she was right to be suspicious, I was, in fact, coming here to kill someone, but damn at least give me a chance, racial profiling me off rip is insane.

I managed to make it just a couple more minutes until again came to a stop, but this time only because the door to the stairwell I was right next to two security guards who were having a conversation about God knows what.

I doubt I'd have as much luck getting past them as I did with the lady at the front desk.

For a moment I stood there, contemplating what my next move should be, or how long I planned to wait for them to hopefully, walk off.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't have much time to contemplate before hearing what sounded like the police, or at least I could hear their gear, and the chattering of the radio, but whoever it was was just around the corner, so I couldn't see.

"and you said he went which way ma'am?" I heard a man's voice ask

"just down the hall." A woman responded, and I'm almost positive it was the front desk lady.

Physically, I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, and just as being careful started to look less and less likely before I could pull my hood on, the ding of the elevator sounded off.

As the doors opened, I thought quickly on my feet and darted inside.

"oh-" A woman spoke, startled by my sudden appearance.

I ignored her and pressed the close button, prompting the elevator doors to shut.

It was then that I finally backed up and looked around.

"wooaaaah". A tiny voice spoke from beneath me, causing my head to dart down in shock.

With creased eyebrows, I watched as this tiny white kid looked up at me with wide eyes.

"mommy he's huge." the kid spoke.

"Oh my gosh Timmy, please..." the woman mumbled.

She looked terrified out of her mind, clutching her purse so hard her knuckles were white, and she had basically attached herself to the corner.

I mean I guess I can say, again, maybe the fear was warranted considering what I was here to do, but damn.

The awkward silence that filled the elevator after that was almost unbearable, but it didn't last much longer because the moment the elevator came to a stop again, the woman grabbed her sons hand and darted out.

I blinked for a second, then shrugged, pressing on the floor Lucien told me the meeting was being held on.

After a couple of seconds, again the doors opened, prompting me to walk out.