𝖙𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

I know I loved the kid, or that I would when Khalil gave birth, I just don't think It'll really hit me until I see the baby.

this wasn't supposed to happen, not saying I didn't want kids with Khalil, it's just the fact that we're both men.

This legit, wasn't supposed to be possible.

Me never wanting kids was just something personal that I had, but if I was gonna have one, then yeah, it would be with Khalil, it happening 'naturally' was just something I never imagined, obviously.

"So basically you were just waitin' on me to get home so you could go to sleep?" I joked, chuckling.

"mhm, basically." He agreed, smiling.

I shook my head and lifted him up bridal style, a swift motion that surprised him.

I was gentle though, of course, I was—it was Khalil. If anything I was even more gentle, just because it was Khalil plus one.

"you need to start getting your rest," I told him as I walked to our bedroom.

"Saint I'm literally gonna be stuck in this house for months—rest is probably the only thing I'll be getting." He spoke.

"you know what I mean," I replied as I laid him down gently on our bed.

He looked up at me with a flat expression before speaking, "Just hurry and shower—I'm ready to cuddle." He frowned.

"Damn, somebodies strict..." I stated.

"I might actually be the cool parent..." I added lowly, teasing.

immediately his expression soured, "Yeah, as if..." He scoffed.

"what's that supposed to mean, huh?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"that I will be the cool parent, it's obvious." He replied confidently.

"you think?" I smirked, " Ion know, you seem like you're gonna be having some stern damn rules."

"what... not at all... I want my kid to be able to come to me for anything." He frowned.

"—being hard on them sure isn't gonna help with that." He added

I could tell he was beginning to take things to heart, so I dropped it, or at least played it off.

"I know baby Im fuckin' witchu'," I stated, leaning down to place another kiss on his lips.

I honestly do see Khalil being the more strict one between the two of us when it comes to parenting.

Not saying I'd let our kid get away with shit, but like I said, Khalil liked things his way, especially when he genuinely loved you, and wanted the best for you.

For the most part, I actually feel like that is gonna be a good thing, I have no idea how to be a parent, so again, I'm letting him do shit how he wants.

Whenever he needs me to step in, that's when I'll do it, as far as discipline goes at least.

For the other parenting shit, I guess I'll just learn that on my own. I have no example I wanna really mimic my parenting after. Sure my Dad and I had a good relationship, but still, I was a lot closer to my brother than I was to him.

I'd figure it out, hopefully fast enough that I don't fuck up my kid mentally any more than my mom did me.

Actually, I'll make it a point to be better than that bitch ever was, not that it'll be hard to do so...

"rude." He sang as I exited our bedroom, causing me to smile in amusement.

After making it to the bathroom, I took a thorough shower, trying to clear my head as I cleaned.