𝖊𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

He smirked at that for a moment before nodding again.

"Deal?" I smiled, extending my hand.

He stared at it for a second this extended his own hand, engulfing mine as we shook on it. His hands were so scarred up and rough, they didn't look ugly-but they definitely reflected his lifestyle if that made sense.

"first things first then-breakfast." I nodded, standing upright before approaching the fridge.

Moments later I felt Saint come up behind me as he watched me grab everything we'd need.

As far as I know, he was still doing this whole "bulking" thing, so we'd probably be cooking a lot of food.

"Turkey bacon or Turkey sausage this time?" I asked, still deep in the fridge.

"Sausage," he replied.

With a nod, I grabbed everything and placed it on the counter so we could begin.

It was actually kind of funny to me how we both claimed to be bad cooks, yet when we helped each other things worked out pretty well.

"do you like cheese in your eggs?" I spoke, looking over at Saint who nodded.

"Nah, I ain't really a fan of cheese like that." He replied as he began to pour the pancake mix into a bowl.

"I'll eat it-but I'm not obsessed with it." He stated.

"That's fair," I nodded.

"you?" He questioned.

"Sometimes!" I replied honestly.

"Mhm," he hummed.

We continued cooking like that for about fifteen more minutes, just talking amongst ourselves about small things. 

This is something I definitely didn't foresee when I met him, how close I guess we'd gotten.

Though "close" didn't feel like the most accurate description of our situation. Everything was genuinely so complicated-I wasn't even sure how to describe our dynamic anymore.

What we said last night definitely crossed a couple of lines past friendship...

I'd been so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even notice the knife I'd been using teetering over the edge of the counter, seconds from falling on my foot.

Just as it had, with the swiftness, Saint reached down and grabbed the sharp object.

"be careful." He spoke, placing the knife back on the counter.

"Jesus-thanks, I didn't even realize it was that close," I spoke, chuckling, only to immediately stop laughing when I realized his hand was bleeding.

"wait oh my god, your hand." I frowned, causing him to look at it.

Only slowly did he glance at his hand, dropping the now bloody knife on the counter. I guess when he caught it, he didn't have time to grab the handle and not the blade.

"it's aight," He stated, holding up his arms so blood wouldn't drip.

Immediately I shook my head as I pulled a bunch of napkins from the roll.

"put these up there, I'll be back," I told him as I began speed walking to the bathroom.

"Lil it's really not that serious-" He spoke, but once he realized I was already too far gone, he cut himself off and shook his head.

That was his best bet because that cut was pretty big, and I wasn't gonna just let him put on a band-aid and call it a day.

Once I returned with the things we needed, I had him hold out his hand in front of me.