Chapter Fourteen:- Welcoming new Hopes

Start from the beginning

"Aap sachi mai Dumb hai ya acting karte hai Dumb bane ki" I scratched the back of my neck embarrassed.

(Are you dumb or do you act to be dumb)

She shakes her head walking away from me and opening the door with full force, I gulped looking at her back and jumped on my place a little when she shut- no actually she slammed the door shut.

Flashback ends

That was the last interaction I had before we landed in America, the same night I took her to the airport. I wanted peace which I was getting but somewhere it was making me feel guilty.

Today would be the first time I will interact with her rather than just passing a few words to each other. I got a call in the morning from Dadi, she called me back to India with Samriddhi. I can't deny her, but I need to talk with Samriddhi first.

Here I am sitting in my car staring at the building we were currently staying in. As I parked my car in its place I got out of it taking my keys and a little courage.

I am not scared. Okay, maybe a bit. But more importantly, I don't want to end up having an awkward conversation with her. All while thinking how to start a conversation I pressed the floor in the elevator as it started moving upwards.

Taking a deep breath and calling my courage I slowly opened my eyes when I heard the elevator bell indicating it reached my floor. I walked out of the lift to my drawing room. The elevator opens at our respective apartments.

I walked into the room as a strong smell of food hit my nostrils. It relaxed my whole body. The smell of Indian food, Biryani. It was new. As far as my knowledge, we hired an American cook who used to cook us meals in the morning and evening. But today I didn't see her.

I moved more from the living area to the dining area which gave me a clear view of the kitchen which was separated by a small counter.

I walked more to the entrance of the kitchen leaning my whole body on the frame of it. I saw her mixing the rice with the spatula as soft music played in the background. She hummed while moving her hips to the beats of the music. I folded my hand on my chest gazing at the view. She was in a thick black hoodie that reached her mid-thighs. She had pulled the sleeves of it till her elbows, swinging left to right and then back again.

A small smile adored her face as she closes her eyes lost in the music, I slowly removed my shoes preventing myself to make any sound on the floor. I kept the shoes aside moving into the kitchen. Her hair was tied into a messy bun leaving the short strands lingering on her neck and face.

Just as I stood behind her back, in a second I was pinned on the small counter behind me. A knife right in front of my left eye and a hand on my neck almost choked me.

"S-s-samr-" A sigh left her mouth as she moves back taking the knife back as well. While I stood there still in the same position sticking my back to the counter and gulping to get the dryness off my neck.

"Choro ki tarah aapne ghar mai kon gussta hai?"

(Who gets into their own house like a thief)

She kept her hand on her mouth before glaring at me "Toh kya aap sidhe murder kar dengi" I asked still not able to come out of that trauma

(so will you directly commit murder)

"That was self-defence, what if you would have kept a handkerchief full of chloroform on my mouth." She argued back.

"Mai kya Kidnaper lagta hun? Vaise bhi aapko kon kidnap karega" I scoff looking away as I saw her squinting her eyes.