Chapter 8

Me: Kurt! It's an emergency!! Come to the auditorium!

Kurt: I'm busy helping Mr. Shue

Me: I need help!

Kurt: I'll send Quinn

Me: 😱😰😱😰😱😰😱😰

Me: Don't!!

Kurt: too late, sorry

I looked at the text that just appeared on my screen and visibly broke down and panicked. Quinn?! This was all going to be for naught! I heard someone come up from behind me.

"Listen Rachel, Kurt sent me down, some emergency, I imagine it's some song so..." fuck, she was here, I quickly adjusted my bangs and animal sweater before turning around.

"Yeah, it's, it's a song for Finn." That did not sound right.

"Oh." She was on the verge of tears, Rachel why can't you do anything right?!

"Yeah, give me some advice, it has to be perfect."

"I really don't want to be here."

"Quinn, please, it's like four minutes, I'll cut out the instrumentals, or part of it."

"Fine, but after this I don't want you to talk to me."

"Quinn..."

"Just sing." she plopped down on one of the seats and looked away.

"Okay," I took a deep breath and opened my mouth.

"The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation,
And it looks like I'm the queen.

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried!

Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know!" She sat up and looked at me strangely, but I plowed on.

"Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door!" She ran up on to the stage and grabbed my hand.

"I don't care
What they're going to say
Let the storm rage on,
The cold never bothered me anyway" I looked deep into her beautiful green eyes.

"It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all!

It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me I'm free!" But as I began to hold out that last note she kissed me hard. The piano man stopped and I deepened the kiss. She asked me entrance and I granted it, our tongues fought for dominance, and she won. I let out a moan as she explored every inch of my mouth.

"I love. You. So much. Quinn." I said from between kisses. We finally broke away, there were tears in her eyes.

"You don't know how long I've waited for you to say that."

"About four years?"

"Something like that..." We giggled. "So, what was that?"

"It was a break up song for Finn. I don't love him anymore. I love you."

"Well, I get why it had to be perfect." She said. A deep voice interrupted out giggling.

"Quinn?"

"Oh hey...Finn." I saw her cringe then look at me.

"Hi Finn!" I turned around and waved.

"Hey Babe," we both cringed. "Can I talk to Rachel alone for a second?" She glanced sideways at me.

"Suuuuure. I'll just go out here, and not eavesdrop." I raised an eyebrow at her. She smiled. "Don't steal my thing from me Berry, the raised eyebrow is my trademark!" We both giggled, and Finn coughed.

"Right sorry, Quinn, I'll text you later." I sighed and turned to Finn as I heard Quinn's high heels clicking down the stage.

"I want to talk about you, about us. I was going to lay out a picnic, like, the one you had for our first date, but I couldn't really figure out where you got those cool airplane cups, so..."

"And I told you, you could kiss me if you wanted to. I never understood why you ran off so quickly."

"Yeah, I was just, nervous."

"Oh, I could never make you nervous."

"Kind of nervous right now."

"Wait, what's going on?"

"Look, I, uh, have something talk to you about, but I want you you promised me that you won't say a word until I'm done. Okay, and I know that's sort of hard for you, so I need you to promise me."

"Okay, I promise."

"Okay, um, I just feel, like, all my life, I've been you know, wondering if I was going to be as much a man as my father was. Now all of a sudden I'm up at night worried that I'm going to become the man he was. Let's face it, I've got high school hero, life zero, written all over me. Except for one thing: you. You're like a beacon of light guiding me through the darkness. You're like this, this big gold star and for some bizarre reason, you chose to let me love you. And I feel like if I can just convince you to let me keep doing that, I'm going to be okay. Everything's going to be okay. Uh, I opened up my first, c-credit card to get this." He pulled a small box out of his pocket. I know it's not a swimming pool full of dancers, or, er, a tux. It's not very big. But it's a promise. A promise to keep loving you for the rest of my life. All you've got to do is say yes." He kneeled down in front of my stool. "Rachel Berry, will you marry me?"