Chapter 2: THE LITTLE THINGS

En başından başla

The girl went into a panic mode as she began breathing faster and faster.

Wanda: I need you to trust me, okay? Whatever you think about me. Whatever they said... I promise you I'm not that person...

...

Please don't be afraid.

The girl analyzed Wanda's expressions as she looked deeply into her eyes for a couple of seconds as Wanda stood in front of her. She sensed no danger. All she could see was compassion in her eyes.

Wanda: Can you trust me? Please?

The girl then nodded her head slightly in agreement. This Wanda in front of her seemed nothing like the one she pictured in her head.

She slowly sat next to the girl, saying nothing, only looking at her with a smile on her face. Wanda then offered her hand, showing her that even when she thinks she is alone in this world, someone still cared. Someone who goes through the same troubles as her. Someone who gets it. A tender smile appeared on the girl's face.

The girl could not comprehend how someone like this could be seen as evil

The girl could not comprehend how someone like this could be seen as evil. This "evil monster" is the only one who has ever held her hand, and the only one who has ever shown compassion to her. Through her tears she tried to speak to Wanda.

Girl: Why do people think you're a monster?

Wanda: It's... complicated.

Girl: Doesn't it hurt?

Wanda stayed quiet for a while.

Wanda: A lot...

...

Wanda: But we work with what we got, right?

A few bruises on both of the girl's arms caught Wanda's immediate attention.