𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐢. 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝐢. 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚

Houses burning, vikings screaming, weapons thrown and traps going off, the Island was a mess. Every person rushing to destroy a common adversary: dragons.

Killing hunting and destroying draging was basically the norm at Berk. Vikings and dragons have been at war with each other for as long as Meria could remember, she never thought of anything different.

Her one goal in life was to kill dragons, specifically Changewings she found out that one those dragons killed her parents and so she vowed to kill every last one. She'd been preaching that vow all over Berk as a child and the adults always found it funny. Well it wasn't so funny when she shot down her first dragon when she was only thirteen. Which led to everyone on Berk to believing that she would lead the species extinct.

Stoick immediately put her in dragon training even though she was supposed to join a few years later, seeing her potential. Meria excelled in her training and when she was finished, she tried to slaughter any dragon she could get her sights on.

By the time she turned 16 she'd killed a dozen dragons and had 10 assisted kills. For a teenager, she was quite skilled in dragon killing. Something her adoptive brother didn't have, which made Stoick's view of them very different.

This particular night was a great example of it. Hiccup was darting through the village, Meria running closely behind, they rushed past vikings, demanding Hiccup to go back inside.

While running, the two ran in to Stoick, he grabbed Hiccup by the back of his shirt, before he got hit with dragon fire. "Hiccup?!" He yelled, accusing Meria "What is he doing out again?!"

"I tried to stop him, Dad! He wouldn't listen," Meria replied, glaring at Hiccup.

Stoick faced Hiccup, "What are you doing out?! Get back inside!" He set set him down and pushed him away. And Hiccup ran over to the blacksmith.

Before Meria could ask, Stoick threw a cart a Nadder, knocking it off-course. Stoick approached one of his men, Meria at his side, "What have we got?" He barked.

The Viking replied, "Gronkles, Nadders, Zipplebacks, oh, and Hoark saw a Monstrous Nightmare."

"Any Night Furies?" Stoick asked.

"None so far."

"Good."

Meria chimed in, "What about Changewings?"

The man shook his head and left.

"Meria, we don't know how bad this'll be, so stay by my side and keep an eye out." Stoick ordered.

Meria pulled her sword out just in case and looked around for any dragons nearby.

"We move to lower defenses. We'll counter-attack with the catapults."

One dragon was getting too close to the blacksmith stall for comfort, Meria noticed and started to run towards it, "Hiccup," She whispered with a faint look of worry on her face.