Foul

Kalen's lips upon my own were a feverish blister of velvet softness cascading against my mouth with such a savage, untamed cadence that I was sure I'd wake up burnt from the inside out

His arms were around my waist and holding me flush against his body, his warmth flooding my body until chills reverberated from my scalp down to my toes which were curled in my shoes.

My mouth opened of its own accord and suddenly his tongue was there tracing my own as he coaxed a reedy breath from my lungs escaping as a tiny whimper that he devoured in its entirety.

It didn't take long for logic to infiltrate my mind and pull me from his kiss, however, as I yanked myself out of his embrace all at once as it finally hit me who, exactly, I had been kissing.

His eyes wide in the bright moonlight high above, I took two deep, steadying breaths, and ran away from him. 

Again. 

This time, however, he was hot on my heels as I dashed through the party yet again. 

"Gracie, would you just slow the fuck down!"

Taking the stairs two at a time, I ended up on the second floor landing across from Colby's room and darted into a room closest to his, praying that it would be empty. 

With the door closed and the sounds from the party a mere thud against my eardrums, I placed my hands over my mouth and replayed the ill-timed kiss over in my head. 

Again.  And again.  And again. 

What was he thinking, kissing me like that? 

And...why had I liked it so much that I almost hadn't pulled away?

The door slammed open revealing Kalen there, his face like an avenging angel as his eyes burned to a temperature that I was sure would incinerate us both. 

"What the fuck do you want from me?!"

He stepped forward and shut the door with practiced patience, a self control so whittled down it seemed as if it took everything in him not to snap then and there.

"What do I want from you?  Now, there's an interesting question.  What do you think I want from you, Gracie?"

He stalked forward, his body coming nearer and nearer while all I could do was back up slowly, eyes firmly latched onto his.

"Honestly, I don't fucking know anymore!  First you act like you hate me because of what my mom did and you treat me like shit, and then you go off and kiss me!  So, I have no idea what I'm supposed to think, and I really don't have time to wonder what you want either, which is why I asked you in the first place!"

He was so close I could feel the heat emanating off him, and I had to do something to get him away from me for just a second so I could think—so I shoved him.