5

The creature looked at her with wide eyes before running away

The creature looked at her with wide eyes before running away. Athena stood still, but got herself together and quickly headed back to the castle, her ginger hair still being wet.

~~~

The next day Remus didn't show up to breakfast, nor lunch. Jackson was still under shock. Of course she had seen multiple creatures already and even saw a werewolf once. It just shocked her that this was Remus Lupin. He confirmed her theory by not showing up. He wasn't even there in class. Severus Snape replaced him for the day and even talked about werewolves. Somehow she knew he knew too.

After a long day of work, Athena decided to visit him. Maybe he was just sick, or..

~~~

"Remus?", she asked after knocking multiple times but getting no answer. A sigh could be heard behind the door, before the familiar brown haired man opened it. His eyes had dark bags under them and his hair was destroyed. He looked tired and wore something he would never wear in public. "Athena." The warmth filled over her again as soon as they locked eyes. His voice was raspy. Before she could say something, because she had to collect her words, he cut her off. "Please, come in."

Remus' bedroom was the comfiest she had ever seen. Its brown color gave her hold somehow. 

"Please, take a seat, Athena." The ginger did as told and sat down on a sofa chair in the corner of his room. He sat on his bed on the other side of the room, making sure to keep enough distance. Her leg quickly started shaking without her noticing, but him noticing. "I-" "I know what you are, Remus.", she cut him off, making him take a deep breath. Lupin didn't answer, he wanted to hear her say it. "You're a werewolf." The man looked down out of embarrassment and feared what she would say about it. 

"I'm not scared of you, Remus."