Trust Fund Baby

Maybe, maybe he had overreacted just a tinie tiny bit.

Taehyun massages his temple, trying not to look at the clock for the tenth time in the last 5 minutes.

He takes the paperwork on his home desk. Piling them up into a neat stack and placing them on the left corner of the desk, at a perfect angle.

Taehyun glances at the clock, even though he promised he would not obsess over Kai's return home.

He just can't help it.

11:55

Kai should be back by now.

Should I give Yeonjun a call?

No, chasing after Kai is the last thing he wants to do. He's still damn mad at his boyfriend for being so stupid.

The younger can go sleep wherever he wants. Taehyun doesn't care. What's maddening is that he specifically told Kai to tell him if he's not coming home.

As if Taehyun's not already furious.

The moment when the recording started playing suddenly come to his mind making him even more frustrated.

He's sitting there along with everyone from his team, itching to hear the conversation that had made the most respectable judge in Seoul lose his job overnight.

The recording started playing, and immediately, Taehyun felt like there was something familiar about the voice filling the meeting room. Only to find out it's his live in boyfriend.

He had to wait 2 hours until the meeting had ended to digest what he had found out, and when he did, he got so mad he had to sit outside for a few minutes before visiting the bar.

Taehyun sprawled on the desk, head resting on his crossed hands and cheek touching the surface of the black marbled table.

Did he overreact?

"Ugh.. " Taehyun groans into the table. Getting up and brushing his hand in his hair.

Whatever.

Taehyun's stomach rumbles. He had been putting off dinner for when Kai arrives.

Fuck it.

He puts a small pot filled to its half with water, and starts preparing his favorite ramen. He'll wash up afterwards, get ready for bed and sleep soundly for his next day.

The kitchen engulfs in savory smell that makes Taehyun's mouth water. He hasn't ate anything all day, being ping ponged from one meeting to the next.

Suddenly, his phone rings from his work desk, and he leaves his precious pot of ramen in favor of answering the call.

"What?" Taehyun yawns.

"Is that how you greet me?" Yeonjun laughs. "I need to tell you something in private, can you put me off speaker phone?" He goes straight into it, knowing Taehyun hates nothing more than useless small talk.

Taehyun blows on his ramen, using the pot as a lid.

"Kai's not here anyway. you can talk." He says before slurping the noodles.

"Oh, where is he? It's kind of late."

"Don't know, don't care." Taehyun takes a piece of kimchi and crunches on it.

There's silence of the other line, and for a second, Taehyun thinks Yeonjun had hung up on him.

"Taehyun.. " Yeonjun sighs.

"What?" The younger snaps. "I'm not his fucking guardian, why should I know where he is? he's a big boy, he'll manage."

"Are you dumb?"