𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Maybe I ignored it because I was too scared to ask. I didn't know what I was going to be told. Once we returned home that day.. everything seemed different. It wasn't so peaceful anymore, it was quiet yes, but it wasn't enjoyable.. it was more uncomfortable than I expected.. I found myself wanting to hear someone's voice more than anything in the world.

I still kept thinking about what had happened.. perhaps muzan had cut his finger on an object as we walked away from the scene. That man, he was feral.. almost as feral as a demon. I realised, perhaps he was.. he must have been. But how would he have gotten into the square? Demons weren't as common in popular areas, because there were always people there. Perhaps in an alleyway.. or late at night when no one was out yet..

In the village, I'd only ran into a demon once.. and I was lucky enough that they were too busy feasting on someone else to notice me so I ran. I was lucky.. but not everyone is, or might be. I had been cracking my brain since yesterday, my mind tracing off to how my brother got better so quickly.. to that meeting.. to why muzan needed those herbs.. to how that demon got into the square.. to the blood on muzans finger tips.

I snapped out of thought, perking up when I heard a knock on the door. I stood, walking over, I opened it, peeking out. It was that woman again.. except this time she wasn't holding any kimono, and there were no maids beside her. She smiled, raising her brows as she walked in when I stepped back. She closed the door behind her, then she began to clean the room up.

"I hope your comfortable here.."

She smiled, glancing up at me. I sat on the vanity chair as I watched her. Should I mention what I saw?.. perhaps she would answer all my questions. I pursed my lips for a moment before I spoke.

"I am, thank you.."

I needed to ask, my curiosity was burning up in my chest, and I couldn't contain it, because it almost hurt to.

"Are demons common.. in areas like this?"

The woman perked up, she stopped what she was doing, looking back at me, she raised her brows staring for a moment before she turned to face me.

"No, of course not.. too many people. Why do you ask?"

"Yesterday.. there was a demon in the square, and I don't know how it happened, or how it got in. And I think muzan might have gotten hurt. He cut his finger.. but I don't know on what."

I just said that because I needed the answers all at once. I just wanted to know how it got there.. and I wanted to know why muzan didn't react to anything at all. It was after we saw that boy, that there was so much chaos.. the boy didn't seem to be focused on me.. even when I was about to apologise i could tell he and muzan had been staring at each other. The woman seemed fidgety by now, turning to continue her work.

"I don't know.. it's not very common, but it can happen."

I didn't get the answer that I wanted, and I didn't know what else to say. So I fell silent afterward.

                                  ✍︎

I had been in my room all day, and finally night had approached. I wondered if muzan was taking me anywhere else.. in fact I longed to go somewhere. Because I had been here for a few days, and the eerie quiet didn't make my stay comfortable at all.. and knowing I was going to keep living with it, made me want to get out more.

There was a knock at my door, and as I expected; it was the woman again. Though this time she wasn't smiling, she seemed irritable. I stood, as she called me and I followed her out into the hallway where she led me to the dining room. I wondered why.. i had never eaten here before.. I only ever ate in my room. So why now?

The door was opened, and I walked in, sitting down I stared at the food that was placed before me, before I looked up to see muzan at the other end of the table. He had no food set before him, only a glass of what I assumed was wine.. though my parents never did drink any of it.. so I wasn't quite sure. I stared at it, the way it stained the glass.. i couldn't help but think it looked like something else..

"Eat first, I have a message from your parents."

Muzan spoke, his tone blank and cold. He picked up a piece of paper, staring at it for a moment before he kept it done again. Picking up the glass of, again; what I assumed to be wine, he took a large gulp.

I began to eat my food, even though I was quite impatient to know the message, I ate at a normal pace. I wasn't quite comfortable sitting afar from someone I was supposed to be conversing with. Back at the village we did talk.. but now, it was hard to even think of a topic of conversation. I took a break from my food, taking a sip of water before I looked down to the table. Looking back toward muzan I spoke.

"The other night.. that meeting, what was it about?"

He was quick to respond

"Are you meant to ask such questions?"

I almost thought about keeping my mouth shut then, but it was awfully quiet and I couldn't stand it.

"I apologise muzan.. I was just curious. What about that demon.. at the square?.."

Muzan kept his glass down, he picked up the letter, opening it. He glanced at me for a moment before he began to speak.

"It was uncommon.. but it happens."

I didn't ask anymore questions apart from those.. the herbs could wait. He started reading the letter aloud, and somehow I didn't even want to know what they had to say to me.

"Dear y/n. Your family misses you, though we were the ones who agreed to this. Your brother is doing well.. though he hasn't left the house much. He's no longer as sick as he used to be, or sick at all-"

I didn't want to know, so tapped my finger against the table, making the sound of a thud. I stood, walking over to the side of the table Muzan, I sat right beside him, my eyes wandering off to the letter, but I focused on the glass instead. Wine.. wasn't this red was it? I looked to muzan, slowly shaking my head.

"I don't think, I'd like to hear it."

Hearing what I said, he kept the letter down. Looking somewhat perplexed, he then looked at his pocket watch. I raised my brows staring, and then our eyes met. I always wondered, how he had such a rare eye colour. I narrowed my eyes, trying to make sense of it. Muzans eyes slowly wandered back to his glass, he tapped his finger against the table before he stood.

"Would you like to walk.."

It didn't seem like a question. I stood, as he started to walk out the door. Following him out, we walked through the halls, out the door, to the garden. It was rather large. I remembered that field.. the one from my village, we walked there as well. Though it was silent.

I looked at muzan as we walked through the path, forming a light smile. Though I still remembered my home, my anger and sadness towards my family turned into acceptance. I was a rather quiet person, but since everyone else was quiet.. I had to be the one to speak..