~ t h i r t y t w o ~

Start from the beginning

(angrezo ki Nagri- city of Britishers \ Hypocricy ki bhi seema hoti hai- There is a limit to hypocrisy.)

"Bache, you know naa, even we don't wanna go leaving you. You are our lifeline." The girl looked at her brothers who were looking sad and she smiled hiding her sadness.

"Yes Yes I know Bhaiyu, It's important for your career. It's okay, GO ShivOmRu GO, live your life." All four laughed at her drama and did a group hug.

"But hey, I don't want Angrez Bhabis okay?" The three brothers chuckled and nodded frantically making her smile.

"Awe! I love you all."

"We love you too our Butterfly."

.

.

"Shivay."

"Huh!" Shivay came back to the present and the smile on his face disappeared as a lone tear fell out of his eyes, which was wiped away by Anika. She gave him an assuring smile and he too passed her a fake smile.

"Le Lijiye ye Shivay, waise bhi aaj Bhai dooj hai." Shivay looked at Anika and then at the bracelet before smiling and asking the salesman to pack it. Soon they came out of the shop and Anika called others and told them to come to the food cafe on the second floor as she and Shivay were done with the shopping. Shivay excused himself to go to the washroom and Anika went to the Food Court meanwhile.

(Take this Shivay it is Bhai Dooj today)

Shivay was walking in the empty passage towards the men's restroom while doing something on his mobile, when he bumped into a petite figure and the bracelet he brought, which was wrapped in a box fell down. From his peripheral vision, he saw the girl he bumped into also bent down to pick up her mobile. He picked up the box and stood up and was about to apologise when his posture got rigid and face blank seeing the girl in front of him.

"Nandini!"

.

.

"Yes Ishi Maa, I picked up your saree from the shop and I'll be home soon. Anahita isn't troubling you, right?"

"Okay then, I'll be back in forty-five minutes." Nandini walked out of the lady's restroom and was keeping her phone in her purse when she bumped into a man her phone fell, and she bent down to pick it up before muttering a sorry and she saw that the person too bent down to pick up the wrapped box, which fell from his hand.

Both stood up and seeing the person in front of herself, Nandini was shocked would be an understatement. Her face got blank and her breath got struck in her throat. And when she heard the person whispering her name, she exhaled the breath she was holding and it all came back.

Shivay was not able to believe his eyes. He was feeling like he was in a dream. He couldn't believe that the person he was finding everywhere in the world, was here, standing right in front of him. He was trembling. His eyes were welled up with tears. His lips were shivering as if he was stopping himself from crying out aloud with happiness. He was tapping his foot on the floor, as if he was about to jump around in happiness. But all the time, he didn't averted his gaze from her.

From Nandini.

His Nanhi.

His Little One.

His Butterfly.

His Everything.

His Sister.

He looked at her from top to bottom and then from toe to head. He couldn't believe, his sister is grown up. She must have crossed her teenage. She wasn't that chubby cheeks she was before. Her beautiful doe shaped eyes, have black heads under them. She was thinner than the last time he saw her, five years ago.