FIFTEEN

"Babe, what were doing there?" Mark worriedly asks, "I was so worried, you were not in your room."

"Mark," Donghyuck calls weakly, "Why am I so ugly?"

"What?" Mark sits next to his boyfriend and hugs him, "You're not, baby. You're beautiful."

"Mark. Can you just stay here and not leave me?"

Mark's mouth agape, pulling back from the hug. His eyes soften as he holds his boyfriend on both of his shoulders. "Babe."

"I always feel so lonely. I don't wanna be alone," he confesses. He looks at Mark, eyes starting to water again. "Hyung, please."

It breaks Mark's heart to see Donghyuck like this. In all those years they've been together, he has seen Donghyuck in all of his most vulnerable state. And every time, it hurts him so bad.

"Hyuckie!" Mark hugs him again. "You're not alone, okay? I'm here." Donghyuck doesn't speak, he just hugs him back, resting his cheek on his shoulder. "I feel so bad to see you all like this. And I'm so mad at myself for leaving you every time."

"But... will you promise to visit me every day?" Donghyuck utters.

"Well, baby, not every day. Maybe every other day. But I will make sure to text you every single chance I get. You understand me, right?" Donghyuck just nods. "I love you, Donghyuck," he whispers.

"I... love you."

Mark's eyes widen upon hearing that. Donghyuck doesn't say those words often, so he's happy to hear it once again from him. He smiles and hugs him even tighter.

After what feels like forever, they both pull back from each other and sit on the bed.

"Have you eaten anything yet?" Mark brushes his fingers through his boyfriend's hair.

"I have..." Donghyuck sighs, "last night."

Mark notices the cold untouched lunch and bottle of vitamins on the sidetable. "So, you haven't eaten since this morning?" The younger nods.

"I don't wanna eat."

"I won't force you, babe. But if you don't eat, they would have to inject you with IV tube again."

"I don't want," Donghyuck whines, "It hurts, and very uncomfortable. Sometimes, it gets twisted around my arms, it's annoying."

Mark nods, "I understand, baby," and he presses a kiss on the other's forehead. "How are you feeling right now?"

"Sleepy."

"Okay, you go ahead and lie down." Mark gets off the bed at the same time Donghyuck lies down on his pillow. Mark pulls the chair from the corner of the room to put it beside the bed. He smiles at his boyfriend as he takes a seat. "You sleep well, I'm just here."

"Can you hold my hand, please?"

"Of course." Mark doesn't hesitate to interlace their fingers together. "Is this better?"

Donghyuck nods before closing his eyes. He likes the feeling of Mark's warmth against him, it makes him feel relaxed and safe. "Don't leave, okay?"

"Mhm, I'm just here."
-