Chapter 4

"Of course, my love. We will get you feeling more like yourself before we contact anyone else." Wanda hums, offering her a soft smile as she looks down at Nat. She would do anything under the sun for this woman, and she knows that her other friends would as well. If they knew she was on Earth, there would be no stopping them from descending.

"I have a medic waiting," she starts, waiting until the artificial voice announces they have landed before she fetched a wheelchair to Natasha. She could carry her, of course, but she might not want that in front of the waiting medic. "They are going to check you over and give me a plan for how best to get you better. Once they leave, you can shower." She hums, beginning to wheel Nat toward the ramp as it opens. "And we will of course swear them to secrecy. No one will know you are home until you are ready."

"Thank you, baby," Natasha speaks softly. Where would she be without Wanda? Probably beginning to rot on that mountain. It was a morbid thought, but a true one nonetheless. She had a lot of making up to do.

"A medic?" Natasha asks. "Wanda, I'll be fine... I just need food and water, I'm okay." She assures her with a soft gaze, her eyes immediately locking onto the wheelchair coming her way. "No, mm-mm. I'm walking out of here."

Needless to say, she wasn't going to walk out of there.

Natasha kept her arms folded against her as the movement from the wheelchair beneath her began to shudder her body with each minor imperfection of the ground below her. Just her expression alone told her that she wasn't best pleased. Hell, she'd been shot clean through the shoulder and walked it off. Well.. technically arrested, but still.

Natasha gives quiet nods at Wanda's given plan, her arms unfolding to allow her hands to brace on the armrests once they begin to head down the ramp, doing her best to steady herself in the chair.

"It is never as simple as food and water, Natasha. We need to see damage has been done to your body." She points out, completely ignoring Natasha's protests about the wheelchair because there's no way that her girlfriend is walking anywhere right now.

She ignores the sulky expression on her girlfriend's face and wheels her down the ramp onto the grass, pushing her toward the front of the house where the medic is waiting, supplies slung over her shoulder.

Naturally, she looks surprised to see that it's Natasha, but she's quick to recover and remain professional. Which Wanda is grateful for. Together they get Natasha inside and once there, the medic begins running some tests and checking her vitals while Wanda hovers nearby, a little anxiously.

She just watches as the medic takes her vitals, and checks for muscle wastage, hands never stilling for long as she attempts to get a good read on the frail woman occupying the wheelchair. Wanda doesn't move far away, eyes following the movement of her hands before she eventually finds herself looking back up at Nat's face. "How are you feeling?" She asks as the medic count her pulse, offering her love a small smile as she steps closer and reaches for her hand.

Natasha had pretty much zoned out for the entirety of the exam. Staring absently into nothing. In truth, she hated the attention. The fussing and the doting. From Wanda, she would adore it.. but in a medical sense.. she just felt useless. As someone who could pretty much do anything, this was one of those rare times when she could do nothing but sit.

It was only when she was poked and pricked with needles that Natasha blinked back into the room, scowling some at the sharp pain at the bend of her elbow. Usually, a little loss of blood was nothing, but she was soon made well aware of her condition. She was feeling lightheaded.

Natasha rose her head once Wanda spoke, her eyes eyeing her hand. She had the mind to not take it out of spite, but she just couldn't. She rose her free hand to hold onto Wanda. "Like a waste of everyone's time. I'm fine." Natasha utters, more directed to the medic who barely meets her gaze, just shakes her head some.