21

WHAT HAPPENED THE DAY BEFORE HADN'T BEEN DISCUSSED

WHAT HAPPENED THE DAY BEFORE HADN'T BEEN DISCUSSED. Andromeda was still shell shocked by the way that her father was handled, having to be held back so he wouldn't attack her sister and her boyfriend.

Everything moved so quickly that she was unsure what to make of these things. Andromeda was a girl who didn't get upset often, was gracious with any guests, and did not start things. Yet she wanted to be petty, to show Bella that she was doing better than her. It was toxic, sure, but Andromeda's hurt had been opened up once again.

She had to place herself in her room in order to calm down. If she were human she would have been shaking and disgusted with the way things turned out, how she felt about things. Her soul was scattered about, wondering what she should do next.

Andromeda found little solace in showing Charlie the photos. She was so happy there, so unaware of Bella's existence.

Her childhood had been as great as it could be, Bella's was clearly spent caring for her mother. As much as Andromeda wanted to feel bad she couldn't. Not when Bella tried to kill her. Legitimately tried to murder her. The very memory of it made her shudder.

She'd gotten a message from Sulpicia, her aunt. Her sweet aunt had done so many fun things with her when her uncle let her out of the tower. Every moment they spent together as a human had been good, kind, and genuine. She'd watched Andromeda when her mother was busy or when things were hectic.

Aunty Sulpicia: What happened?

Andromeda: Life
My sister mostly. She came to the castle.

Aunty Sulpicia: Did Aro kill her yet?

Andromeda: No????

Aunty Sulpicia: I will fix this, beauty. She will die.

Andromeda: Don't get too mad at him please

Aunty Sulpicia: he needs to do something, baby. I'll make sure he does.

Andromeda: okay but please don't yell

Aunty Sulpicia: No promises baby girl

Andromeda: ...

Like always Sulpicia Volturi wanted to choose violence. Her more peaceful counterpart, her husband, did not usually begin killing unless truly pressured to by this woman. Andromeda always thought the stories about her family's past were funny because of this. Almost every story included a "and then Sulpicia threatened to do it herself, prompting Aro to bring them to trial."

Andromeda didn't work like that, though she often wished that she had the confidence of someone like Sulpicia or Windy. They always knew what to say, what to do. They were on top of things and loud.

She was too quiet, she didn't like that about herself.

So she was doing what she usually did when she had doubts about herself. Her mother's towers were easy to climb now that she was a vampire. Andromeda often had issues while her health declined, but those were no more. In the past, like so many things.

Her mother was in her room knitting like she often was. A pretty piece, likely a present for someone in the Coven. From the pattern she guessed it was for Jane, who despite denying it, loved the colors pink and green together. The Queen could figure out a good shade for any color combination and this one was no different from her other knitting projects.

The Queen would have heard Andromeda as she came up the tower and once the door was open, made sure to put away her project as quickly as possible.

"Has your auntie texted you yet?" Her mother signed.

Of course she had, she could hear everything that happened down in the throne room. Andromeda didn't get that privilege, but at least she had a mate to explain things to her after the fact.

"Yes," she signed back in response. "I don't know what I'm going to do about it."

Her mother patted down the space next to her. An invitation that Andromeda took with a hint of sadness over her situation. She knew her mama wouldn't judge her for anything, she never had, but she'd also never been so... jealous? Was it jealousy on her end? Perhaps jealousy was not what was underneath this whirlwind of emotion going through her right now.

"Whatever Bella said about you is untrue," her mama told her. "You are a sweet person. I raised you right."

"You did not raise me to be vindictive," Andromeda signed at her, hands slightly trembling as she did. "That is my issue. I am turning into someone I don't want to be."

Her mama always told her to be kind to everyone even if they weren't kind to her. To always stand her ground, be grown, be good. Andromeda had fulfilled this for years, for eighteen years she'd been the good princess, the kind princess. She'd been the glue that held her family together.

They'd been so sad without her. Her uncle Marcus was ready to die and had nothing going for him. Athenodora was so lonely in the tower, as was Sulpicia. The modern world was so unknown to them, but with Andromeda, they could venture out with a little girl into that abyss.

"Sweet girl." She pulled her daughter into a big hug before moving away and signing, "When you are wronged so deeply, it is only natural that you want something to happen to her. That is how vampires work."

It was how humanity worked as well, but Andromeda did not want to think about that.

"Your world has been in shambles for weeks. You have been put in a rough place. Your father is human, your sister is human. He loves you, she hates you. The world you thought you were getting into is much harder than you could have ever imagined. Give it time, let the anger dissipate, throw yourself into your mate. He will give you strength. He will support you. I will always be here, as will your papa."

Andromeda sighed with relief, holding onto her mother's hands when she finished. The small touch gave her some comfort, at least.

She was right. Jacob was here for her, and she wasn't utilizing that enough. Andromeda was new to this mate thing, both of them were. He had defended her during many moments and she was prepared to defend him to her papa if he had disapproved.

Andromeda had to talk to him about this.